From Hive13 Wiki
This drill press was purchased from UC Surplus for $100 by Paul. The drill press was in good condition, the one problem being the rack for cranking the drill platform up and down was severely bent out of shape.
Paul used a cut off disk and cut the rack off the column. This means that the drill platform must be raised and lowered by hand instead of by crank.
What needs to be done
- Eventually locate & purchase a replacement rack.
What has been done
- Bent rack was cut free of the column.
- Parts List
- Rack is logged as:
- Manufacturer Part #: 00395.00
- Description: Rack L-31 7/8in,w-5/8in
- Drill press is discontinued and I think Dayton Tradesman is a defunct brand, parts availability is probably non-existent
- Grainger lists a contact form at: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/RP_cont.jsp?xi=xi and a phone number, 1-800-323-0620 someone could probably contact them to enquire about a replacement rack.