HOWTO Clean Hive13
From Hive13 Wiki
Here are things to do when cleaning up Hive13 when it gets particularly messy or when preparing for an open-to-the-public event.
Take out the Trash
There are trash cans in each of the following places. They can be emptied into the dumpster behind the building.
- small cans in both of the office rooms
- medium can in the kitchen
- small can in the bathroom
- large can in the main area
- small can near the workbenches
Recycling Bottles and Cans
Bottles, cans, and other conventional recyclables can be put into the green city recycling bins that are in the hall by the back door. Larger items should be processed via the "Recycling Zone" and taken to a recycling station for cash.
Make an effort to reduce the materials waiting to be processed or taken away.
- Sort everything into like piles, aka put all the hazardous waste (PCB's, etc..) into boxes, stack all the plastic together.
- Recycleable materials into the marked bins.
- Dispose of the plastic & garbage.
- Find someone who can properly dispose of the hazardous waste using the Resource Disposal page.
- Either find someone to take the servers and sell them, scrap them, or someone claim them. If there are any that are TRULY worth keeping (we are talking not Pentium II's) then stack them out of the way.
- See also: Junk Rules.
- The 'living room' side of the office needs to be cleaned & organized
- Vacuum the offices
- Sweep the floor & then mop it.
- Sweep the dirty room floor.
- Move items off the kitchen table & bar area to their proper locations.
- Wipe down the kitchen table // bar // counter.
- Clean the sink, we need some scouring powder for this.
- Clean out the fridge.
- Sweep & mop the floor
- Wash out the sink
- Re-fill the hand-soap container. !NOTE! Use a combination of 1/2 water, 1/2 hand-soap because it is a foaming container.
- Wash out the toilet.
- Clear off workbenches of projects and tools.
- Put tools back in their locations on the shelves.
- Put projects aside on shelving above the workbenches or below.