From Hive13 Wiki
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Make/Model: Roland PNC-3000 (google)|
|Arrival Date: 02/08/2012|
|Does it work?: yes|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
- Full Model Name: Roland CAMM-3 PNC-3000 Desktop Milling Machine
- We only have the 3/16" collet for this mill, and it is next to impossible to locate other collets that will fit this model. This means you can only use end-mills w/ a 3/16" shank.
- Paul has purchased a set of 10x 3/16 shank end mills with 5x different sizes (2x of each size, one 2 flute, one 4 flute).
- Reid Supply appears to have a decent selection of 3/16" shank end-mills, but they are expensive ($25+ each, range in cutting diameter from 1/32 to 3/16)
- Assorted programs installed on the control computer, variety of formats supported. The challenge is figuring out which control program can open which format of file.
Donated to the Hive by Tom Fitzgibbons, who originally picked it up at a P&G auction. Thanks Tom!
- Yahoo group for Roland CAMM-3 - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/
- Using G-Code with the PNC-3000 - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop_machines/66841-here_how_use_g-code_roland.html
- Discussion of reprogramming a PNC-3000 with new BIOS - http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php/3138-Hacking-a-Roland-CAMM3-PNC-3000
- Software: http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/rolandreports/_productsupportsearch.aspx?pf=Milling%20Machines&pm=MDX-15