From Hive13 Wiki
The goal of this project is to build a motorized Barn Door Tracker for long exposure night sky photography.
What needs to be done
This is an overview list of high level steps that need to be done in order to complete this project.
- Finalize design for motor mount and drive system. Waiting on the Circuitry.
- Design a housing // mount for circuitry. Waiting on Circuitry
- Build motor mount. This step will be subdivided later.
- Motor to threaded rod coupling needs to be investigated.
- Build a motor test rig.
- Build the Hive13 stepper boards: Hive13 Stepper Motor Driver Board
- Run tests w/ stepper motor to investigate the following:
- Power consumption
- Torque vs required torque
- Vibration and possible damping requirements.
- Drive stepper at a set rate to match sky rotation
- Quick move modes for moving platform up & down
What has been done
- Preliminary motor mount designs. Currently on revision #2 after talking w/ Jim.
Currently on the ToDo List
This is a list of individual steps that need to be performed in the near future.
- Work w/ Dave B. to build the Hive13 Stepper Motor Driver Board from parts he purchased for the Hive.
- Investigate feasibility of using the PNC-3000 to mill the motor mount plate.
- Send updated plans to Jim for review.
Design & Planning
Overview of requirements here.