From Hive13 Wiki
Hive13 Sumobot Competition
Next Date: April 16th, 2011, 6pm - 7pm
Location: Hive13, 2929 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati OH
Signup your bot: http://sumobots.hive13.org/
We try to follow the mini sumobot class of Unified Sumobot Rules. We have a few exceptions detailed below:
- No R/C Cars allowed
- The Ring will be constructed according to official dimensions (77 cm diameter, 2.5 inch border, etc)
- The surface will be black vinyl rubber. Current target material is: McMaster-Carr
- The base is 1" MDF. This gives us a very solid, stable, and level surface.
- Currently researching best method for white paint.
- Looking into Vinyl Dye, seeing mixed reviews of attempting white vinyl dye on black vinyl. But perhaps if the surface is not dull black enough, we can hit it w/ some black vinyl dye.
Event Planning Checklist
- Food & Beverages
- Infrastructure (Tables, Chairs, etc... )
- Sumobot Accessories
- Sumobot Ring - Paul
- 1st and 2nd place Trophies (Print and get frame)
- 1st and 2nd Place Rewards (Sumobot kit, Daycon 5 Tix)
- Champions Stand - Craig
- Extra tables and chairs need to be brought down
- Print flyers for daycon5
- Popcorn machine and table for snacks/drinks
- Extension cords and surge protectors
- Bot Sign-in
- laptop with camera and internet access (could also be one used for running the game/video)
- Competition Coordinator (Man the match timers, log wins & losses)
- Ring has timer we can use
- Camcorder that can stream to projector or laptop
- Laptop to record scores
- who will let people in and out of the building
- how will people know where to go - place signs around the building?
- Volunteers to help setup and show people around and give tours
This project is being managed by Bettermeans. See https://secure.bettermeans.com/projects/1145
Please signup for bettermeans if you want to help out with this event.
If you are interested in using the Housebot (Mr. Plow) see Craig. That bot is open to be used by the Hive13 community.
Tournament software is being built using Rails. See https://github.com/Hive13/SumoTourney