August 11, 2009
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: August 4, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 18, 2009|
Time: 7:00 PM
Status Updates / Old Business
- Insurance: Vendy
- Networking: Vendy
- Colo box: Vendy
- Party: Vendy dba Fuzz
- Lockbox: Craig
- Google Apps account nonprofit: Craig
- Stove/oven: John
- Should the double doors be left open?
- Vending drinks i.e. hackerspaces:The Club Mate Pattern
- new meeting format
- rob's big robot
Items to be Voted on
- Leaving the double doors locked - quorum voted affirmative
- we will leave the double doors locked when no one is at the space
Assigning Next Actions
(A quorum was present)
- we got a quote for $921 / year
- this is a reasonable price
- is the coverage good?
- jason and jim are close to having a second quote
- kibitz: can you borrow against the policy?
- jim: liability vs. renters/property insurance
- is this a votable item?
- let's hold off on voting on this until we get the second quote if we can
- vendy: also how will we pay for it
- jim: i got the email just now: $700 / year
- dave: let's make a deadline when we will definitely vote on this:
- let's make sure it's done before the party
- two meetings from now
- mailing list the quotes so we can all look it over
- party definitely on this weekend noonish saturday the 16th
- thanks larry for donating 1000 ft.
- pizza, drinks will be on hand
- re-announce on mailing list
- (kris has a adriatico's hookup)
Colo Box (Vendy)
- is in place
- www.hive13.org and hive13.org are up
- the WP install is live
- LDAP on Google Apps? can they interconnect
- dave: what is the deal with accounts?
- vendy: you can get a WP on the web
- if you want a shell account, ask craig
- fuzz is a little bit too busy to be the party czar (due to wedding the week before?!)
- dave: money decisions
- starbuck: what about all the advertising
- dave: i think we do need to have a party czar
- kibitz: i can do it
- OK, we need to get a lot done on this between now and then on the mailing list
- vendy: we could just ditch the raffle and go silent auction only
- this is done. thanks craig!
- still waiting... trying to figure this out
- don't know how to turn on gas to space
- needs to be moved over here
- kris: this weekend may be able to get it
- also the pop machine
Doors be left open?
- craig: helps to leave it open due to lighting
- paul: why not just get some nightlights
- most people feel like it would be better to leave them locked (the double doors)
- kris: vote?
- starbuck: why wouldn't we leave it unlocked?
- because random people could come in that way during the day
- night lights or motion detect lights
- vote: leave it locked when we are not here
- what should be the general
- label case by case
- honor system donation in the can
- recommended donation for can of pop: 50 cents?
- also, label your own stuff if don't want other people to drink it
- eventually vending machine = win
- default rule: if it's not labeled, you can eat it
new meeting format
- goal: speed
- dave: keep in mind that we will have to step our game up in using our other tools
- review other hackerspaces procedures for more...
- rob wants to know that it is cool to do it on the other wall instead of the initially proposed wall
- also maybe move a freestanding thing from hall to in here
- all approve - rob can do what he wants
- vendy/jason/jim: mailing list the insurance discussion - compare quotes
- karl/kibitz: get night lights and or motion lights, or whatever
- everyone else: keep doing what you're doing - mailing list everything!