September 12, 2009 @ 10:00 am
7379 Squire Court in West Chester, one block east off the I-75 Tylersville Rd. exit #22 just north of I-275.
User:Xio2 (In Spirit)
Reasons to go this weekend:
- This weekend only is an extra-special (free) Mini Model Engineering Show with exhibits of miniature stationary steam engines, hit-and-miss engines, a gatling gun, live steam locomotives, airplane engines, atmospheric engines and many other mechanical devices. Like a small N.A.M.E.S. show, see N.A.M.E.S. link at http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/
- Take a HIVE13 group Conductor's behind-the-scenes guided tour that goes behind and beneath the trackwork to see the distributed computer controls that run the layout automatically and the volunteer's on-site workshop where it is all built. This shop could be a role-model as we consider the shop equiment for our own HIVE13 studio space.
- Consider whether some of us HIVE13 members want to volunteer to take-on a project to help them automate sections of this layout during the coming year.
- Mom will appreciate your getting the kids and their friends out-of-the-house on a Saturday morning. You will be a hero to your kids and they will have a blast.
- You will see something that is really neat and be inspired by this first-class operation.
Details: Those interested and thinking to go, let's plan to meet at the entrance around 10:00 am - 10:15 am when they open up. I plan on staying till around noon, but you can stay longer to take extra time to see it all. E-mail me back to let me know you're coming so we'll know to link up as a group. I met the principals (Don Oeters and Larry Koehl) during a previous visit a few weeks ago and they are interested in connecting with our HIVE13 group. A "Journey" ticket is $13 for adults and $10 for kids. The Conductor's tour adds $12, but it is worth it. The mini model engineering show during this weekend only is FREE!