Asset Tracking and Reporting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This project is to explore asset tracking tags for important Hive13 assets to accomplish:
- Uniquely Identify the asset with a tracking number
- Provide a consistent basis to audit the inventory of assets
- If possible, use the tracking number as a link to the asset on the wiki.
Hive13 needs to report assets to the state of Ohio on an annual basis.
- Dave Velzy (until he can find a volunteer)
- Jim Dallam
- Greg Arnold
- Explored what it takes to create QR links for 100 tools on the wiki
- Generating and maintaining links to pre-generated QR codes seems to be a maintenance problem.
- The cost of custom asset tags is roughly >4X the off the shelf price.
- QR codes for web addresses are not small
- Separate asset inventory tracking numbers from Human and Machine readable signs.
- Hive13 then buys off the shelf serialized asset tags for $60 / 100
- Write an on demand procedure to print a Human and QR readable label from wiki data to post on the machine
- The Human Readable tag can be laminated for protection.