August 14, 2018
|Previous Meeting: August 7, 2018||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 21, 2018|
Time: 7:30 PM Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Shelf D is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf E.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Label your personal supplies & tools.
- Try to get your stuff in your Member Storage spots in a box of some sort. Request new storage spots on https://intweb.at.hive13.org
- At the end of the meeting, please put your chair back on the cart.
- Reminder, we are a community. Keep the space clean. If you need to have a mess, claim it on the mailing list. Use the mailing list if you are going to do a long job or will need some equipment for a specific time.
- Laser Cutters
- Sheet Metal Brake
- Table Saw Sled
- Board meeting last night
- Membership applications now via intweb.
- Warden Hours
- Want to host a class?
This Week in Wiki
- Greg re-worked the Membership Application pages.
- Dave Velzy and Will worked on cleaning up the Wishlist.
- Brad updated the Electronics Work Area.
- Lorin did some updates to the Laser Cutter.
- Greg changed the Meeting Template to compute the next and previous meetings if they're not provided.
- Board Meeting Sept. 10th
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Fair Sept. 15-16
- We are signed up to do a Learn to Solder table.
- Check the mailing list for more info and to volunteer.
- Google Sheet with signup info:
- Laser Cutter
- Jitter in Z stepper motor - parts on order, Dave and Brett will fix
- Z zero not perfect
- Firmware needs updated - request sent
- Z axis a little racked - waiting on firmware
- Lounge - nothing new
- Sheet metal brake
- Lot of progress, one more day should have it be usable
- Table saw sled will be built pending bandwidth
- Open House
- Tentative date October 20th
- Clean up the Hive in preparation
- Dress Rehearsal October 13th
- Usman is making flyers!
- Education / Sociopathic Media
- All goes through Will
- He's getting a coherent social media platform and class setup which can then be scaled up.
- Warden Hours
- Establish regular times
- Learn tools
- Work on projects
- Get certified
- Hours will be posted on the calendar
- Glow-in-the-Dark Lighting
- Let you see the switches
- Usman is taking a look
- Pinion Bearing for CNC
- There is some wobble
- Dave is researching
- Greg - intweb, fixed A/C in truck, revived ESXi cluster, Hive upkeep
- Dave - shop etiquette and safety for classes
- Will - dealt with family things, fixed hot tub
- Kevin - new, drove to St. Louis to pick up CNC, built a rotisserie to spin a '51 Land Rover around to repair body
- Kevin - wood warden - sheet metal brake, welding, plastic bender is making good bends
- Usman - desk project
- Franklin - convinced landlord to fix neighbor's bathroom leaks
- Brad - 3D printed guitar parts, bought keyboard from auction and fixed bracket w/3D printer
- Nancy - dishwasher class theme is spaghetti, made snake cages, went to Mid-Ohio, brought snacks, found an ATV ramp at the side of the road
- Hodapp - on vacation Petoskey, failed at blacksmithing
- Ian - bought sewing machine and wrapped cup with leather sewn on it, will be building tent