Difference between revisions of "August 5, 2014"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 15: Line 15:
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
  
* Elections--votes are in?
+
* Elections--votes are in!
 
* Kenton county library night happened
 
* Kenton county library night happened
 
* Space stuff--tool posts, etc?
 
* Space stuff--tool posts, etc?
 
* Area wardens
 
* Area wardens
 
* DIY-Bio meetup after meeting today
 
* DIY-Bio meetup after meeting today
 +
* Power Series Racing
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
  
 
* Next week--2nd Tuesday talk, beer brewing--tiffany!
 
* Next week--2nd Tuesday talk, beer brewing--tiffany!
 +
* Hackathon tomorrow (8/6/14) to work on new wobsite.
  
 
====New Members====
 
====New Members====
Line 38: Line 40:
 
* Chris--fermented
 
* Chris--fermented
 
* Jason--worked too much
 
* Jason--worked too much
*Joseph  
+
* Joseph  
 
* Jim (new president)--got microfridge working
 
* Jim (new president)--got microfridge working
* worked on
+
* Tiffany
*TIffany
+
*Mike
*mike
 
 
*Franklin
 
*Franklin
 
*Jordan--arduino
 
*Jordan--arduino
Line 48: Line 49:
 
*Dustin--hive webpage migration
 
*Dustin--hive webpage migration
 
* Katie--visitor
 
* Katie--visitor
* John--display;
+
* John--"apiary" display
 
* Matt--new member!
 
* Matt--new member!
* sorry didnt get name--visitor new Da Vinci!
+
* [sorry didnt get name]--visitor, new Da Vinci!
 
* Dave
 
* Dave
* WIll
+
* Will
 
* Daniel--3D printing
 
* Daniel--3D printing
 
* Elly--moved out of parents house
 
* Elly--moved out of parents house
 
* Bill--was on vacation! --fixed printer!
 
* Bill--was on vacation! --fixed printer!
* Brandon AKA Shadoxx--LED display--SECRETARY
+
* Brandon AKA Shadoxx--LED display--new SECRETARY
 
* Coy--3d printed a few things
 
* Coy--3d printed a few things
 
* Melody--visitor--hoping for help with security prlbme
 
* Melody--visitor--hoping for help with security prlbme
* Marvin--back from jamaica!  helped with shapeoko.  will do demonstration after tonight.
+
* Marvin--back from Jamaica!  helped with shapeoko.  will do demonstration after tonights meeting.
 
*Savanna--worked with 3D printer
 
*Savanna--worked with 3D printer
  
 
= Minutes =
 
= Minutes =
  
*Board--Ian, Jim, Daniel, Dave
+
*Votes are in, Congrats to the new officers!
* Shaddox wants themes for meetings
+
*The following members have been elected to the board:
**next week is hawaiin shirt week
+
Dave Blundell
 +
Dave Menninger
 +
Jim Dallam
 +
Daniel Mcnamara
 +
Ian Wilson
 +
*The following are the officers:
 +
President: Jim Shealy
 +
CTO: Ryan Hershey
 +
COO: Jon Neal
 +
Secretary: Brandon Wooldridge
 +
Treasurer: Jim Dallam
 +
* As secretary, Shadoxx is instituting themes for meetings
 +
**next week is Hawaiian shirt week
  
*Area wardens--managers for areas, contacts for issues that pop up
+
*Area wardens--no new developments, Jim talked about it a bit.
**responsible for getting epeople to pick up their area.
+
**managers for areas, contacts for issues that pop up
 +
**responsible for getting people to pick up their area.
 
**potential membership discount incentive.
 
**potential membership discount incentive.
***probably more on this next week.
+
**probably more on this next week.
 +
 
 +
*Mike--DIYBIO interest meetup after today's meeting, in lounge.
  
 
*Power series racing!
 
*Power series racing!
 
**asking for $750 budget.
 
**asking for $750 budget.
**shadoxx--set aside a day to get stuff done.
+
**email vote happened during past week.
**Firm deadline, and road trip.
+
**shadoxx--set aside an official work day each week to get stuff done.
 +
***Thursdays?
 +
**Good project for Hive--Firm deadline, and road trip.
 
**vote happens, vote passes.
 
**vote happens, vote passes.
  
*beer brewing 2nd tuesday
+
*beer brewing 2nd tuesday talk next week!
  
**Hackathon TOMORROW for Hive13 website.
+
*Hackathon TOMORROW for Hive13 website.
 
**Shadoxx has design in mind, but wants Input and Group Effort.
 
**Shadoxx has design in mind, but wants Input and Group Effort.
**at the end, we should have skeleton page we can build the site off of.
+
**at the end of tomorrow, we should have skeleton page we can build the site off of.
**taking precedence over marketing video for time being.
+
**website taking precedence over marketing video for time being.
 
**anytime ~5:00 on--come and code.
 
**anytime ~5:00 on--come and code.
 
**some discussion of coffeescript etc
 
**some discussion of coffeescript etc
  
*Tiffany--Fish in bathroom is creepy.
+
*Tiffany--Fish in bathroom is creepy. Take it down plz.
 +
 
 +
*Marvin--doing demo on the shapeoko after meeting!
 +
*Marvin--Makerfaire--expecting a reply for registering booth
 +
**it seems they have not gone out yet.
  
*Marvin--doing demo on the shapeoko
+
*Hive13 will have a booth at the maker faire. let us borrow your cool stuff to go on dipslay!
*Makerfaire--expecting a reply, they haven't gone out yet.
+
** indoor booth, at the museum center.
*We will have a booth at the maker faire. let us borrow your cool stuff to go on dipslay!
 
* at the museum center.
 
  
*Space improvement--whiteboard.
+
*Jim Space improvement--whiteboard with brainstorming of Hive improvements
**weekly "focus on X part of the space"
+
**idea--weekly or biweekly "focus on X part of the space" during Tuesday meetings
  
 
*Jim--not OK to talk about members behind their backs.
 
*Jim--not OK to talk about members behind their backs.
 +
**If you have conflicts with a person, talk to Jim!
 +
**we are growing...need to make sure our social/personal factors are not causing problems

Revision as of 10:21, 6 August 2014

Meetings
Previous Meeting: July 29, 2014 Meeting Procedure Next Meeting: August 12, 2014

Coordinates

Time: 7:30 PM

Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.

Agenda

Old Business

  • Elections--votes are in!
  • Kenton county library night happened
  • Space stuff--tool posts, etc?
  • Area wardens
  • DIY-Bio meetup after meeting today
  • Power Series Racing

New Business

  • Next week--2nd Tuesday talk, beer brewing--tiffany!
  • Hackathon tomorrow (8/6/14) to work on new wobsite.

New Members

New Full Members
Matthew Zeitz
New Contributing Members
Mary Heinrich

Attendees

  • Ian--"just Ian"
  • Johny (visitor)*
  • Jacob (visitor)
  • Chris--fermented
  • Jason--worked too much
  • Joseph
  • Jim (new president)--got microfridge working
  • Tiffany
  • Mike
  • Franklin
  • Jordan--arduino
  • Ryan--new CTO. finished gigabot 3dprinter stand!
  • Dustin--hive webpage migration
  • Katie--visitor
  • John--"apiary" display
  • Matt--new member!
  • [sorry didnt get name]--visitor, new Da Vinci!
  • Dave
  • Will
  • Daniel--3D printing
  • Elly--moved out of parents house
  • Bill--was on vacation! --fixed printer!
  • Brandon AKA Shadoxx--LED display--new SECRETARY
  • Coy--3d printed a few things
  • Melody--visitor--hoping for help with security prlbme
  • Marvin--back from Jamaica! helped with shapeoko. will do demonstration after tonights meeting.
  • Savanna--worked with 3D printer

Minutes

  • Votes are in, Congrats to the new officers!
  • The following members have been elected to the board:

Dave Blundell Dave Menninger Jim Dallam Daniel Mcnamara Ian Wilson

  • The following are the officers:

President: Jim Shealy CTO: Ryan Hershey COO: Jon Neal Secretary: Brandon Wooldridge Treasurer: Jim Dallam

  • As secretary, Shadoxx is instituting themes for meetings
    • next week is Hawaiian shirt week
  • Area wardens--no new developments, Jim talked about it a bit.
    • managers for areas, contacts for issues that pop up
    • responsible for getting people to pick up their area.
    • potential membership discount incentive.
    • probably more on this next week.
  • Mike--DIYBIO interest meetup after today's meeting, in lounge.
  • Power series racing!
    • asking for $750 budget.
    • email vote happened during past week.
    • shadoxx--set aside an official work day each week to get stuff done.
      • Thursdays?
    • Good project for Hive--Firm deadline, and road trip.
    • vote happens, vote passes.
  • beer brewing 2nd tuesday talk next week!
  • Hackathon TOMORROW for Hive13 website.
    • Shadoxx has design in mind, but wants Input and Group Effort.
    • at the end of tomorrow, we should have skeleton page we can build the site off of.
    • website taking precedence over marketing video for time being.
    • anytime ~5:00 on--come and code.
    • some discussion of coffeescript etc
  • Tiffany--Fish in bathroom is creepy. Take it down plz.
  • Marvin--doing demo on the shapeoko after meeting!
  • Marvin--Makerfaire--expecting a reply for registering booth
    • it seems they have not gone out yet.
  • Hive13 will have a booth at the maker faire. let us borrow your cool stuff to go on dipslay!
    • indoor booth, at the museum center.
  • Jim Space improvement--whiteboard with brainstorming of Hive improvements
    • idea--weekly or biweekly "focus on X part of the space" during Tuesday meetings
  • Jim--not OK to talk about members behind their backs.
    • If you have conflicts with a person, talk to Jim!
    • we are growing...need to make sure our social/personal factors are not causing problems