August 5, 2014
|Previous Meeting: July 29, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 12, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Elections--votes are in!
- Kenton county library night happened
- Space stuff--tool posts, etc?
- Area wardens
- DIY-Bio meetup after meeting today
- Power Series Racing
- Next week--2nd Tuesday talk, beer brewing--tiffany!
- Hackathon tomorrow (8/6/14) to work on new wobsite.
- New Full Members
- Matthew Zeitz
- New Contributing Members
- Mary Heinrich
- Ian--"just Ian"
- Johny (visitor)*
- Jacob (visitor)
- Jason--worked too much
- Jim (new president)--got microfridge working
- Ryan--new CTO. finished gigabot 3dprinter stand!
- Dustin--hive webpage migration
- John--"apiary" display
- Matt--new member!
- [sorry didnt get name]--visitor, new Da Vinci!
- Daniel--3D printing
- Elly--moved out of parents house
- Bill--was on vacation! --fixed printer!
- Brandon AKA Shadoxx--LED display--new SECRETARY
- Coy--3d printed a few things
- Melody--visitor--hoping for help with security prlbme
- Marvin--back from Jamaica! helped with shapeoko. will do demonstration after tonights meeting.
- Savanna--worked with 3D printer
- Votes are in, Congrats to the new officers!
- The following members have been elected to the board:
- Dave Blundell
- Dave Menninger
- Jim Dallam
- Daniel Mcnamara
- Ian Wilson
- The following are the officers:
- Jim Shealy
- Ryan Hershey
- Jon Neal
- Brandon Wooldridge
- Jim Dallam
- As secretary, Shadoxx is instituting themes for meetings
- next week is Hawaiian shirt week
- Area wardens--no new developments, Jim talked about it a bit.
- managers for areas, contacts for issues that pop up
- responsible for getting people to pick up their area.
- potential membership discount incentive.
- probably more on this next week.
- Mike--DIYBIO interest meetup after today's meeting, in lounge.
- Power series racing!
- asking for $750 budget.
- email vote happened during past week.
- shadoxx--set aside an official work day each week to get stuff done.
- Good project for Hive--Firm deadline, and road trip.
- vote happens, vote passes.
- beer brewing 2nd tuesday talk next week!
- Hackathon TOMORROW for Hive13 website.
- Shadoxx has design in mind, but wants Input and Group Effort.
- at the end of tomorrow, we should have skeleton page we can build the site off of.
- website taking precedence over marketing video for time being.
- anytime ~5:00 on--come and code.
- some discussion of coffeescript etc
- Tiffany--Fish in bathroom is creepy. Take it down plz.
- Marvin--doing demo on the shapeoko after meeting!
- Marvin--Makerfaire--expecting a reply for registering booth
- it seems they have not gone out yet.
- Hive13 will have a booth at the maker faire. let us borrow your cool stuff to go on dipslay!
- indoor booth, at the museum center.
- Jim Space improvement--whiteboard with brainstorming of Hive improvements
- idea--weekly or biweekly "focus on X part of the space" during Tuesday meetings
- Jim--not OK to talk about members behind their backs.
- If you have conflicts with a person, talk to Jim!
- we are growing...need to make sure our social/personal factors are not causing problems