August 6, 2019
|Previous Meeting: July 30, 2019||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 13, 2019|
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Shelf A is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf B.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Broken things at the Hive? Missing consumables? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to report them.
- Keep the worktables clear (24 hours is ok, more is not cool, others need the work space)
- Looking for people to host classes and workshops of any kind. Contact Will B for help organizing.
- Looking for decorations in the lounge. If you have an art project idea bring it up on slack / mailing list / contact Will B
- Gigabot Status update - Work being done by several members
- Donated stuff sorting lead by Dave V, assistance from just more Dave V.
- New Windows - waiting on update that work in complete so Items can be moved back.
- We'd like to organize a group build project. Something either to improve the space, or as a showpiece at events outside of the Hive.
- Need a champion to lead giant tetris build (maybe use the funds from donated stuff) or Giant LED cube.
- August 10th Saturday Cleanup
- August's Needlecraft Night Friday, August 16th from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Board / Leadership monthly meeting August 19th 7:30pm
- World Cooking Saturday, August 24th starting at 2 pm 
- Made in Camp October 12th - Open house will be that day/evening
- Books by the Banks (large book fair downtown) is happening October 26th 10:00am - 4:00pm. Brad Walsh is leading the event. He's getting details and organizing the group. Learn to Solder booth, could use up to 6 people to rotate throughout the day.
- Dave S. is still hero of the month because he is writing this.
- 5 guests!
- No update on Gigabot, Ryan wasn't in attendance
- Update on pile of donated stuff: Instruments and controls we'll keep. Boxes of metal scrap to recycling. Milspec connectors would be cool for steampunk costumes. Not free for all yet, will go to purgatory when ready.
- Most work on Windows is done. Things stable for the moment. Maybe next year for more new windows. Who knows
- Discussion about shades? New windows are, gasp, see through. May want to block visibility of our stuff from the street. Also fablab shade to block some light.
- Project proposed to create motorized blinds for fablab
- Lots of ongoing projects
- New software and controller for lasers, possible project
- Saturday 8/10 Noon to 4 PM Hive cleanup! Pleeeease come help!
- Fri Aug 16th, 6-8 PM Needle Craft night. Come, it's fun!
- Mon Aug 19th, 7:30 - 9ish. leadership meeting
- Aug 24, World cooking Day, Bangledesh
- Made in Camp, Oct 12th. Artist in Camp Washington have open house including us
- Books by the Banks, Oct 26th
- Potential blacksmith speaker upcoming.
- Contact Jim with ideas for other speakers
- Hamfest at Aiken High School, Aug 21 8 AM - 1 PM
- Visit from Cincinnati Woodworkers Club from Roselawn
I did my best to get people's names.
- Noah, cosplay
- Ally, cosplay
- ??? Painting... may or may or may not come back
- Scott, Raspberry Pi work, blinking LED's
- Jeremy, Cincy Lock sport, making tools to replaace ones he game away
- ??? Didn't do anything. Past life, vinyl and laser cutting,sewing
- Jeff, putting together large format 3d printer
- Ezara, gaming, hasn't done much. New Calculator for school
- Emily, hasn't made anythin, teaching knitting
- ??? put motocylce bak toegether
- Jason, turning wood, honey drippers, bottle stoppers for mother.
- Grant, new member last week. Rebuiiliding clock that was broken
- Harris? Milling rods?
- Nacy, kitchen warden. Do dishes.
- Justin, observing
- Ian, tore floor out of van
- Dave V, getting smoothie board up, rebuilding bar folder for sheet metal work
- Chris, played around in Blender
- Jim, working on LC simulator for work. Going to motorize blinds
- Greg, ??? <--- Whatever I actually said amounted to this. Greg J Arnold (talk) 19:59, 12 August 2019 (EDT)
- Dave Schwinn, went to Gencon. Laser cut Joy Division album art. Went to CoMade open house
- Ralph, went from having 3 drones to zero drones this weekend
- Brad, started laser cutter flame war. Enlarged hole in laser cuter
- Chris, went to CoMade