Board Meeting - April 12th, 2021
|Previous: March 8th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: May 10th, 2021|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- huge agenda. Are there any things on this agenda that aren't technically leadership topic and can be discussed with the membership tomorrow? Let's keep it moving.
- Brief update on finances
- Hive13 anti-discrimination policy proposal: "Adopted by the Board of Directors on [ DATE TBD ] Sad Bee Inc does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, members, wardens, leadership and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, members, wardens, leadership, subcontractors and vendors. Sad Bee Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression."
- Autodesk's community impact/nonprofit system "I'd be awesome if someone was willing to get Hive13 set up with Autodesk's community impact/nonprofit system, so that we could get full versions of Fusion 360, Inventor, AutoCAD, HSMWorks, etc. On some of these computers. Really the only thing it would take is someone willing to write an anti-discrimination policy and to fill out the application."
- Improvement for new member application pipeline
- Discussion of Is Hive13 ready to handle New Members in 2021?
- Vaccines are available to everyone 16+ on March 29th - can we start to safely meet again? Discuss
- It's a race between vaccines and COVID variants, case counts are rising. It's only 'safe' with fully vaccinated groups.
- new members are frustrated with lack of clarity and availability of certifications, can we get a year of cert classes on the calendar, and put out asks each month for people to lead them the following month? What requires certifications? Who may conduct a certification? How are certification they recorded?
- HVAC Fundraising Discussion Thread
- Thread created - almost half way to the goal
- What deadline do we set to post a vote to cover the balance? too long and it has diminishing returns, and the people who donated will want to see the results of their donation.
- We are just over a month away from the middle of May, which was our deadline on doing it.
- There is also a lot of other work needed.
- Electrical prep work
- Elevator door/partition
- Something to block air from the back of the Dungeon
- Discussion of priorities and budget for build out projects and planning for expanded operations.
- Kitchen, bathrooms, spray booth, airline plumbing, and many others.
- What to do post-accident procedure, Update Shop Safety project, Basic guidance/documentation.
- Why don't we have a bathroom yet? Does Velzy need to designate someone else as the primary contact with DW?
- Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?