Board Meeting - April 12th, 2021

From Hive13 Wiki
Revision as of 22:17, 12 April 2021 by Llcrump (talk | contribs) (Attendance)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Board Meetings
Previous: March 8th, 2021 Meeting Procedure Next: Latest Meeting
Candidate: Board Meeting - May 10th, 2021

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5

Agenda

  • huge agenda. Are there any things on this agenda that aren't technically leadership topic and can be discussed with the membership tomorrow? Let's keep it moving.
  • Brief update on finances
  • Hive13 anti-discrimination policy proposal: "Adopted by the Board of Directors on [ DATE TBD ] Sad Bee Inc does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, members, wardens, leadership and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, members, wardens, leadership, subcontractors and vendors. Sad Bee Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression."
  • Autodesk's community impact/nonprofit system "I'd be awesome if someone was willing to get Hive13 set up with Autodesk's community impact/nonprofit system, so that we could get full versions of Fusion 360, Inventor, AutoCAD, HSMWorks, etc. On some of these computers. Really the only thing it would take is someone willing to write an anti-discrimination policy and to fill out the application."
  • Improvement for new member application pipeline
  • HVAC Fundraising Discussion Thread
    • Thread created - almost half way to the goal
    • What deadline do we set to post a vote to cover the balance? too long and it has diminishing returns, and the people who donated will want to see the results of their donation.
    • We are just over a month away from the middle of May, which was our deadline on doing it.
    • There is also a lot of other work needed.
      • Electrical prep work
      • Elevator door/partition
      • Something to block air from the back of the Dungeon
  • Discussion of priorities and budget for build out projects and planning for expanded operations.
    • Kitchen, bathrooms, spray booth, airline plumbing, and many others.
  • What to do post-accident procedure, Update Shop Safety project, Basic guidance/documentation.
  • Why don't we have a bathroom yet? Does Velzy need to designate someone else as the primary contact with DW?

Frisbee Round

  • Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?

Minutes

Attendance

Lisa, Drew, Scott, John, Dave Schwinn, Chris Hodapp, Dave Velzy, Chris Davis, Nancy, Jim


Finance- Read the email Jim sent but highest membership month at 107

Anti-Discrimination policy- Dave Schwinn is going to look at filling out the Auto desk form

Reopening

  • Members only for in person meetings before opening it to the public, to get back into the swing of things
  • Need to work on mixed in person and online meeting infrastructure
  • Push tours earlier so no interference with the meeting
  • Push to have set times for tours, ex Tuesday at 5:30 and Weekends at ??
  • We should have a membership event before opening up to the public
  • new normal slack channel created to discuss

Website front page needs updating, Jim is looking for a glamour shot

Certification

  • Need signs for which tools require certification
  • need to work on a certification schedule

HVAC

  • Velzy getting quote for an electrician doing the disconnects
  • Closing the donations on April 30th
  • Some members are willing to match donations that come in

Bathroom- Wesselman has been reminded when discussing the AC and front door opening data