Board Meeting - August 13th, 2011
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: August 13th, 2011||Meeting Procedure||Next: August 18, 2013|
- Dave Myers
- Chris Anderson
- Craig Smith
- Dave Menninger
- Chris Davis
- Jason Bailey
- Paul Vincent
- Started at 11:00 am, 8/13/2011
Goals & Objectives
- Improve long term stability
- 3 month saving goal met
- Barely met, and only because half are at $50 and half are at $100
- Met, more students, several women, still need more work
- Enhance Hive13 Capabilities
- Needs much more focus
- Administrative process & communication
- Fail, see: Lease
- Relatively Ad-hoc
- Office of the president? (Phone number)
- When this happens, what do I do? (newspaper, asked question)
- Asset to the community?
- Hosting more classes & workshops
- "What is Hive13 class"
- Fail, did not really happen.
- Unique Tools
- Laser cutter, sewing machine, bandsaw
- Done well, need more
- We have had more,
- Strengths are good
- Doesn't offer easy opportunities to join ongoing projects
- What ongoing projects are there? That is the problem
- Craig: Mame cabinet
- Bailey: Maybe Hive13 could fund group projects?
- General Response: What about self funding?
- Dave M: Funding != commitment to the project.
- Common: Most group projects are minor 1 person jobs that don't attract attention.
- Consensus: Using small amount of funds if the project is an improvement to the space,
- Create funding request form, requires feedback from fundee
- Expensive & Time consuming - Thus not friendly to more casual enthusiasts
- Requires you, the user, to provide all the materials.
- Do group projects address this?
- Davis: Time demanding? You need to put in a lot of effort to get your projects done.
- Bailey: Change language of this line.
Board Meeting Agenda Minutes
- Program Director?
- Oficer in charge of classes, organizing them, following a procedure.
- New Position vs. Existing Officer?
- Mailing List it, bring it up at the meeting.
- What about Jim? He will need other people to work with him.
- Recording Classes
- Make it damn simple, it will get done.
- Board of directors responsibilities well defined
- Fund Raising
- Involvement of the board in fund raising
- Grow up and be a real non-profit.
- Donation // Grant Specter
- Grants, do not want.
- Send out millions of donation request letters
- Laser cutter stuff in place
- Security? Might not want to consider
- Maker Fair -
- How do we organize, how do we do group projects.
- Current Space
- Costs + Size
- ... numerous
- What does LVL1 and Detroit have that we do not.
- See above for undocumented.
- Program Director
- Contact Jim & Mailing List & Meetings
- Contact Instructors, set up classes, repeating classes
- Dave Myers
- Donation Letter Format
- Mr. President
- Keep track of officers.
- 1st meeting, Officer report in meeting. After "meeting" have officer discussion meeting.
- Next Meeting: 19th, 3rd Saturday in November, 10:00 am
- Classes, Organization, Projects