Board Meeting - December 13th, 2021
|Previous: November 8th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: January 10th, 2022|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: In Person and Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- November financials are done and posted on the Open Finance site. We are at another new high, 147 members, and all is good.
- As membership has increased during 2021, our "Monthly Net" has increased allowing us to afford the recent member votes.
- If membership levels hold we can anticipate to budget $2k to $2.3k per month ($24k to $27.6k for the year) for "Discretionary Purposes"
- The Finance Committee and Leadership is encouraged to lead membership to create a "Strategic Plan" for such spending into the coming year.
- A committee is needed
- The annual meeting seems a long way off but we should get this started before too many more months.
Committee Status Updates
- JimD is deep into building the QuickBooksPlusOnline structure to match for the legacy 2020 and 2021 financials. It is a complicated long slog with some progress and setbacks.
- It remains a committed goal and is a mostly solo task so far that is not (yet) ready to publish.
- Adding membership to Outreach Committee authority
- Dave Velzey can't do it all. (PLEASE stop this "only X person does Y" stuff... it's super demeaning and derogatory to all the people who want and try to help.)
- John Clark has started doing a little of it.
- Met on December 11th (out of cycle due to holidays). Next meeting is back at regularly scheduled date of January 29th.
- Renewed Microsoft donation of Azure credit.
- Will be creating an outreach group on G Suite to handle contact to all members of outreach committee. Pending action at this meeting (see above) and meeting of the outreach committee on 12/15, the firstname.lastname@example.org alias will move to that group.
- Not strictly Operations but paperwork is not getting dealt with.
- Traditionally whose responsibility is it?
- And who can actually do it?
- MRO budget will need to be renewed in January
- Henceforth Itty Bitty Kitchen Committee or IBKC.
- Will be resuming action in Jan
20212022 because holidays.
- Strategic planning
- Current policy regarding selling assets to leadership members
- What is it?
- Does everyone in leadership understand it?
- Does it make sense?