Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting - February 11th, 2019"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
m
Line 136: Line 136:
 
******** TODO - Kevin to relocate metal storage racks
 
******** TODO - Kevin to relocate metal storage racks
 
******** Should we move the lathe out of the room?
 
******** Should we move the lathe out of the room?
********* Can we move the flammables cabinet and ifrastrucutre shelves?
+
********* Can we move the flammables cabinet and infrastructure shelves?
********* The server must remain accessable, and ideally, we would not punch down new wires.  
+
********* The server must remain accessible, and ideally, we would not punch down new wires.  
 
********* We must protect the server rack from metal chips.
 
********* We must protect the server rack from metal chips.
 
********* Server requires a dedicated 30 amp circuits.
 
********* Server requires a dedicated 30 amp circuits.

Revision as of 12:04, 13 February 2019

Board Meetings
Previous: January 14th, 2019 Meeting Procedure Next: March 11th, 2019

Agenda

  • Review Tasks
    • Ian - Late Payment Reminder E-mails
    • Greg - "Who Signed You Up" field to the application
    • Greg - Open House Slack channel and Wiki Page
    • Will - check for conflicts for Open House date
    • Will - Mailing List notice for Slack
    • Ian/Will - Invite all Members to Slack
    • Greg - Slack invite to intweb for new members
    • Greg/Will - Clean Up Saturday is 2/16/19
    • Schedule Task Day
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Mailing list approvers
  • Membership Status and intweb
    • PayPal IPN heading to intweb
      • Questions for Cancellation Survey
      • Should members be allowed to link their own accounts? (For multiple people like spouses sharing one membership)
      • Should we let the cycle run out on cancellations?
      • When should we send late-payment reminders?
      • Text for e-mails
        • Welcome to the Hive
        • Your payment is late
      • When should door access be denied to non-paying members? Only at the 3 month end of membership cycle? Or earlier in the cycle?
    • Adding a "Who Signed You Up" field to the application.
  • Project Status
    • Lounge completion
      • Audiovisual
      • Admin Computer
      • Painting
      • Carpet
    • Shapoko
    • Laser Maintenance schedule/plan
    • Metal Mill Replacement
    • Metal Shop
      • Incoming Shear and Block Bender
      • Sandblaster
      • Relocate Storage
    • Mobile Table Build
    • Seal windows
    • Miter Saw Bench
  • Warden positions to fill
    • We need to recruit Wardens in general to build interest and a queue of potential wardens. Better to have than to have not.
    • Make Open positions a topic of Tuesday meetings and a posting on the Google Group / News Letter.
    • Open Positions Metal/Welding, Fab Lab.
    • Encourage participation in clean up Saturdays as learning opportunities.
  • Open House
    • Slack Channel
    • GET BUSY PLANNING
    • Target April 13 for Spring 2019 Open house.
  • Newsletter - still no actual interest?
  • Slack gaining speed
  • Processes and Procedures
    • What can we improve
    • What is tripping us up?
    • More formal maintenance procedures for all machines in the Wiki.
    • Saturday clean up check lists.
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Attracting new members and Engaging Members as they Join
    • Finish the new member cycle. We have Seven applications pending. How do we 'close the sale?'
      • Post a signup sheet near certification machines for people to leave contact info on interest to get certified. Mill, Lathe, Welding, CNC, Laser, Training for Table saw. Create more How to Classes - Reduce barriers for some one to get started and do something.
        • Discussion - What base level of skill is prerequisite for certification? Example Outline of prerequisite skills are on the Mill, Lathe and CNC wiki.Concern: If we make simple classes that guide each step, the member may still not have enough training to operate safely without supervision
      • A sample questionnaire has been created for first timers to help with metrics.
    • Create Merch area? Create Bulletin board for cross advert to other groups like an end cap at the end of kitchen island.

Minutes

    • Outstanding Tasks
        • Ian - Sent one round of reminders. Needs to send another.
        • Greg - Who signed you up field - no progress
        • Gren Open House Slack Channel and Wiki page - no action
        • Will - Conflicts for open house. Rescheduled for 20th of May?
        • Will - Mailing notice went out for slack. Many people joined.
        • Greg/Will - Saturday cleanup has been announced for Feb 16.
        • Schedule a task day.
          • Need to create a consumable refill procedure list to the wiki.
          • TODO Hold scheduling until tables are completed.
        • Open Finance
          • Jim has added data for January.
          • Membership is trending up due to recent outreach efforts
        • Mailing list approvers
          • TODO Ry to renegage.
          • Greg was granted access.
        • Membership Status and Intweb
          • Paypal IPM to intweb. Intweb will process paypal alerts when members cancel or miss payments.
            • This will allow us to react in a more timely fashion.
            • TODO Create an automated email asking if they intended to cancel, and if so, why.
          • Should members be able to link their own couples accounts?
            • No. Granting physical access to the space should require manual review/intervention.
          • Should we let the cycle run out on cancellations?
            • Yes. members should be able to use the full month they have paid for.
          • When should we send late payment reminders?
            • TODO - Send late payment reminders after 40 days, 60 days, and 80 days.
          • When should door access be denied to non-paying members
            • 90 days for the present. A future revision may have a soft warning after a shorter period of time.
            • At the end of the month if cancellation is confirmed.
          • Adding a "who signed you up?" field.
            • This is to track who assisted a new member with application, in cases of mystery applications. We've had a couple applicaitons through the kiosk that left us no way to follow up.
            • "Which Hive13 member, if any, helped you sign up?"
          • When a membership is approved, what should the welcome email contain?
            • Links to the member orientation page.
              • Bylaws
              • Signing up on the wiki.
              • Hive culture.
              • Broken
            • Mailing list.
            • Invite to slack
            • Basic Contact information for leadership and wardens
        • Project Status
          • Lounge
            • We still need a subwoofer.
            • Admin computer is up and running
              • TODO - Split the HDMI off the lounge computer for appear.in use
            • Painting - On hold until further motivation is found
            • Carpet - On hold until a reasonable sale is found
            • Stretch Goal - Projector for main area for overflow during talks.
          • Shapeoko
            • Trent is interested, but needs some assistance getting started.
          • Laser Maint schedule
            • Outline of laser maintenance is in the wiki page. Thanks, Dave V!
            • It is well aligned.
            • Cleaning day remains to be scheduled.
            • Will attempt on next cleanup day.
          • Metal Mill Replacement?
            • Jim D will be loaning a mill to the Hive that is similar in purpose to the one on loan from Paul V. Is it useful to retain both mills?
            • The MillDrill will eventually dehive, but this may be several months in the future.
          • Metal Shop
            • Incoming Shear and Block Bender - Greg is looking
            • Sandblaster
              • One vote to replace
              • One vote to add gloves and nozzle.
                • TODO - Dave to buy nozzle to make the cabinet usable.
                • TODO - Kevin to move the blaster over by the air compressor.
              • Relocate Storage
                • TODO - Kevin to relocate metal storage racks
                • Should we move the lathe out of the room?
                  • Can we move the flammables cabinet and infrastructure shelves?
                  • The server must remain accessible, and ideally, we would not punch down new wires.
                  • We must protect the server rack from metal chips.
                  • Server requires a dedicated 30 amp circuits.
                • Surface Grinder must not be fired up in the main space.
              • Tables
                • 3 are built. 2 remain. we need to pick up MDF for the tops, if it ever stops raining.
                • Retain the current welding table unless a better idea presents itself.
              • Seal the windows
                • This is waiting on non-shitty weather.
              • Miter Saw Bench
                • Kevin has a sketch available, but is now working on the metal tables.
              • Open Warden Positions
                • We need to actively recruit wardens.
                • Approach new members.
              • Open House - Target April 13?
                • We appear to be having a bandwidth problem, and may need to delay.
                • Punt until beginning of June? Readdress next board meeting.
              • Newsletter - no interest
              • Process and procedure
            • Reinvigorating hive culture
              • New marketing to recruit new members is going well.
              • TODO - Dave and Ryan to update orientation wiki.
              • Need to address open applications
                • Will has reached out. Two have replied.
            • Sample questionnaire has been created for first timers to help with metrics.
            • Create Merch Area?
              • Bulletin board.
              • On hold until more of the current projects are complete.