Board Meeting - February 8th, 2021
|Previous: January 11th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: March 8th, 2021|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- Follow up on UC Innovation Center / https://cincyid.com/ contact?
- Access Control / Security / Cameras / etc
- 2701SG security and cameras -
- one added at 1st floor landing pointed at our outside entrance
- Hive13 security and cameras -
- Door open sensor added to DoorPi, code in progress
- access control event messaging in progress (MQTT) - this will be easily extendable for standardized data sharing
- MQTT broker (server)
- Now running at https://cloudmqtt.com, can be brought in-house / Azure later
- Future additions like intweb, sensors, coke machine, etc.
- Easy to subscribe to updates from standard clients and code
- RFID access and sensor on sliding door - coming
- Security camera now running in woodshop, updating to Spy
- Need for doorbell
- 2701SG security and cameras -
- Project stove safety concerns
- Intended uses?
- Need for certification like training and possibly supervision
- Unattended use
- Where do we need them?
- Treasurer Report and topics
- Review December 2020 and year-end numbers - Total 2020 revenue looks ~$53k which exceeds $50k threshold for 1st time and expect will cause federal tax reporting to switch from 990-N (postcard) to Form 990 or 990EZ - Buy-in to formally start showing the trend and current 13 "PlusOne" members on the Open Finance member chart (need coding help) current test using existing code temporarily shows "PlusOnes" as "StudentWardens" - Strawman budget for 2021 (Operational, wardens' and buildout) - QuickBooks Implementation update (JimD & DaveV) - Inventory
- Personal liability insurance reminder - resources for members, reference to the slack insurance discussion
- Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?
- Kayla L, Chris D, Chris H, Drew K, Lisa C, Jim D, Scott H, Dave V, John C
- Does it matter than Dave S is currently out of commission for presidential duties?
- Overall conclusion - no. Has stated he intends to return once he has healed from surgery / on less drugs which will be prior to election for next year
- Chief onboarder for new members - we'll pick up the slack
- No precedent for no president (lol) but we've had leadership mentally check out before and picked up slack - functionally this is no different.
- No need to elect/appoint a stand in
- Going to have another get together with them in March
- Wesselman has installed camera outside RFID door
- suggest to him to add camera to loading dock stair door - Lisa found it to be unlocked 2/8/21. Others have noticed the same
- RFID is logging to the database, has sensor - Hodapp is making progress.
- Setting up standardized MQTT protocol to make things significantly more efficient for our type of organization.
- Gives better communication infrastructure
- Easy setup with subscription
- Putting together a dashboard
- Next sensor is for main sliding door
- John and Chris put woodshop cameras up and they're now available on Spy.
- Still want doorbell
Safety Concerns / Craft Stove
- Discussions being had with Todd & Kevin regarding safety concerns
- Main concerns seem to boil down to
- Need for ventilation (this is agreed upon by T&K)
- Unattended use (ie; 24 hrs drying wood, etc)
- Appropriate materials (ie; fumes from plastic - again, ventilation is key.)
- Lots of documentation already created for stove
- Will need to have guidelines as to what can and can't be "cooked" in it w/o ventilation
- Comprehensive Wiki page will likely address a lot of concerns
- Smoke alarm
- Future Project Safety Concerns
- Safety Committee
- With new members, larger space, new ideas, and even existing tools, safety needs to be addressed (ie; woodshop has some scary shit)
- John to present to general membership in 2/9 meeting / call for anyone interested in helping
- Safety Committee
- How many more do we need?
- As many as we can get
- Rick's heating and cooling has provided blowers as they just toss their old ones
- Jim created fairly comprehensive talking points in regards to finances
- General breakdown; 1 month at 2929 compared to 1 month at 2701
- Still cash positive
- Could drop down to 74 members and still pay fixed expenses
- Grew to 120 we'd clear same amount monthly as we had in 2929
- We're comfortable
- Also created document with actual bank acct #s
- Open finance website
- Would like to be able to create 7th member category of +1
- We are going to go through more of this.
- Looking at episodic $300+ expenses that would eat entire warden budget
- Can't really allocate usage
- Or can we? Pulsa
- How are we not documenting when tanks are being switched out
- Clipboard on them ASAP for basic record keeping
- Jim and John been assetting the heck out of the space
- Drew has started the great migration
- The wiki needs some love