Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting - January 11th, 2021"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 32: Line 32:
  
 
*Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?
 
*Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?
 +
 +
==Minutes==
 +
 +
===Attendance===
 +
*Kayla Lukawiecki, Dave Velzy, Dave Schwinn, Drew Kirkman, Lisa Crump, John Clark, Jim Dallam, Chris Davis, Ryan Hershey
 +
 +
===Access Control===
 +
*Velzy has written up a draft of "space rules" and posted it in #leadership slack channel.
 +
**Please feel free to edit it / add to it
 +
 +
*RFID on doors - Chris Davis & Hodapp are working on this
 +
**Have all the hardware, just a matter of assembly and mounting it. First priority is main front door.
 +
***Also sensor for fire door
 +
 +
*Cable is about 1/2 strung for wood shop
 +
*More network drops
 +
**Lots of drops, just not punched down
 +
**Drew has A+ testing stuff, John has some as well, not as nice as Drew's but perfectly acceptable
 +
 +
 +
**Once RFID sensors are live, we want members to use RFID as much as possible as opposed to code
 +
**Will need to change code
 +
 +
*Still have interest in doorbell
 +
 +
 +
===UC Innovation Center===
 +
*Interested in setting up an online meeting with them
 +
 +
===Treasurer Report===
 +
*Jim working on presentation on year end but here's the jist of it
 +
**Month by month covering expenses comfortably
 +
**Approx $4200 monthly income with fixed expenses ~$3400
 +
**We have a pretty consistent ~$800-$900 cash positive monthly
 +
**We are however working off some leftover move expenses, but these are going away
 +
 +
*Discussion of separation of Warden budget and Consumables/Maintenance Budget
 +
**Prepare member vote for ~$500 to continue build out budget
 +
***At this point, calling it the move budget is silly as we're moved. Referring to it as build out budget
 +
 +
*This is the most income in Hive's history which = different tax things
 +
**Velzy and Jim are on this
 +
 +
*Priority to get outstanding move expenses out of the way and AC
 +
**Communicate that we're not spending willy nilly, and things should be put up for vote
 +
***Emerging casting and jewelry spots have been very little cost to Hive budget. Kevin M pulled together funds from Hive members
 +
****Can we model something like this for AC (Already have $1000 from Paul V's work donation)
 +
*****Need someone to head this. Velzy can write up specifications but needs help with really getting it out there to membership / get engaged
 +
 +
*Need to make change in  open finance code in regards to +1 member
 +
 +
===Consent===
 +
*Do we need consent to post photos on social media of members / projects?
 +
**Privacy policy linked above.

Revision as of 22:39, 11 January 2021

Board Meetings
Previous: December 14th, 2020 Meeting Procedure Next: February 8th, 2021

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5

Agenda

  • UC Innovation Center / https://cincyid.com/
  • Building alarm system
  • RFID access on sliding door
  • access control event messaging - MQTT? intweb version X.x?
  • Hive13 has 6 entrances, all need to be monitored
  • Status of computer network. Can we push forward getting more drops installed.
  • Security cameras throughout Hive13 and at entrances.
  • Need for doorbell
  • COO is working on network drops and camera installations, could use more help
  • Treasurer Report and topics
- Review December 2020 and year-end numbers
- Total 2020 revenue looks ~$53k which exceeds $50k threshold for 1st time and expect will cause federal tax reporting to switch from 990-N (postcard) to Form 990 or 990EZ
- Buy-in to formally start showing the trend and current 13 "PlusOne" members on the Open Finance member chart (need coding help) current test using existing code temporarily shows "PlusOnes" as "StudentWardens"
- Strawman budget for 2021 (Operational, wardens' and buildout)
- QuickBooks Implementation update (JimD & DaveV)
  • Is consent required (or a good idea) when posting photos of members or their projects in social media?
  • Personal liability insurance reminder - resources for members, reference to the slack insurance discussion

Frisbee Round

  • Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?

Minutes

Attendance

  • Kayla Lukawiecki, Dave Velzy, Dave Schwinn, Drew Kirkman, Lisa Crump, John Clark, Jim Dallam, Chris Davis, Ryan Hershey

Access Control

  • Velzy has written up a draft of "space rules" and posted it in #leadership slack channel.
    • Please feel free to edit it / add to it
  • RFID on doors - Chris Davis & Hodapp are working on this
    • Have all the hardware, just a matter of assembly and mounting it. First priority is main front door.
      • Also sensor for fire door
  • Cable is about 1/2 strung for wood shop
  • More network drops
    • Lots of drops, just not punched down
    • Drew has A+ testing stuff, John has some as well, not as nice as Drew's but perfectly acceptable


    • Once RFID sensors are live, we want members to use RFID as much as possible as opposed to code
    • Will need to change code
  • Still have interest in doorbell


UC Innovation Center

  • Interested in setting up an online meeting with them

Treasurer Report

  • Jim working on presentation on year end but here's the jist of it
    • Month by month covering expenses comfortably
    • Approx $4200 monthly income with fixed expenses ~$3400
    • We have a pretty consistent ~$800-$900 cash positive monthly
    • We are however working off some leftover move expenses, but these are going away
  • Discussion of separation of Warden budget and Consumables/Maintenance Budget
    • Prepare member vote for ~$500 to continue build out budget
      • At this point, calling it the move budget is silly as we're moved. Referring to it as build out budget
  • This is the most income in Hive's history which = different tax things
    • Velzy and Jim are on this
  • Priority to get outstanding move expenses out of the way and AC
    • Communicate that we're not spending willy nilly, and things should be put up for vote
      • Emerging casting and jewelry spots have been very little cost to Hive budget. Kevin M pulled together funds from Hive members
        • Can we model something like this for AC (Already have $1000 from Paul V's work donation)
          • Need someone to head this. Velzy can write up specifications but needs help with really getting it out there to membership / get engaged
  • Need to make change in open finance code in regards to +1 member

Consent

  • Do we need consent to post photos on social media of members / projects?
    • Privacy policy linked above.