Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting - June 14th, 2021"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 47: Line 47:
  
 
===Attendance===
 
===Attendance===
 +
*Dave S, Dave V, Drew K, Kayla L, John C, Lisa C, Chris D, Chris H, Scott H, Jim D, Kevin M
 +
 +
===Annual Meeting and Leadership Nominations===
 +
*Agreed to follow template from last year's election
 +
*Reminder on annual meeting date requirements and nomination information:
 +
**Annual Meeting held in the month of July. The President or delegate sets the date, time, and location of such meeting. '''Recommend July 20, 2021'''
 +
**Notice of Annual Meetings '''at least ten (10) days but no more than sixty (60) days before the meeting date'''. '''Earliest notice at 60 days from July 20, 2021 is May 21, 2021 Latest notice is July 10, 2021'''
 +
***Nominations
 +
****Any qualified Member has the right to nominate an eligible person for office.
 +
****Any qualified Member has the right to nominate themselves.
 +
****Only the nominated candidate can un-nominate themselves.
 +
****'''All nominations for Director positions are due one (1) week before the Annual Meeting of the Members.'''
 +
****If only one (1) person is timely nominated to run for an office and accepts such nomination, they shall run unopposed.
 +
*Dave S will post communication
 +
 +
===Warden Budget===
 +
*Wiki spreadsheet ([https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DHboCQScVpFaE0gr7DVP05cA1nxiyD66PorC0PepRs/edit#gid=1078666221 found here]) is accurate and up-to-date per Jim
 +
**To access this, scroll down on main wiki page to Finances header and "history of area warden budgeted expenditures" follow link posted there for spreadsheet
 +
**Itemized month workbooks are not updated for 2021.
 +
 +
*Naturally, seems to be some trouble differentiating between what goes on warden budget v. recently voted MRO budget
 +
*MRO expenses currently being emailed by COO to Treasurer
 +
**Jim forwarded communication to leadership email for data to be input into a digestible format. Can use same format as warden expense spreadsheet.
 +
**Spreadsheet had not been created due to new-ness of MRO budget, but data is there in receipts
 +
***Who is taking action to put it into a spreadsheet.
 +
****Dave V will regroup with John C on previously used warden budget worksheets
 +
*Discussion on how warden budget purchases are determined
 +
**Current process seems unclear.
 +
***Suggestion for COO make one or two scheduled monthly purchase with warden suggestions as posted in warden slack channel. From there, if clarification is needed on urgency on items, or if they can wait for the next month, etc discussion can take place in warden channel.
 +
***Warden meetings have low attendance, warden slack channel possibly not being used to full potential\
 +
***Should bylaws be changed as they specify amount?
 +
****Consensus unclear
 +
*Need to plan better for infrastructure expenses.
 +
**ie; dust collection; plan, budget, execution, build out plan
 +
***Who is going to lead and do this? Try to motivate membership
 +
***Things shouldn't be MRO budget unless clear and discussed (sans toilet paper, paper towels, etc)
 +
 +
===Dungeon Space===
 +
*We are on good terms with ownership and not in risk of overstepping bounds. We are good to each other
 +
*We would not be expected to pay rent on space in current state. Our clearing it out is mutually beneficial
 +
*Expansion discussion into this space is very premature, but good to keep in mind if we begin running out of space.
 +
**when time comes, obviously this is a general membership discussion
 +
 +
===Commissioned Projects?===
 +
*There have been inquiries to leadership email
 +
*We are a non profit, we have no say in how our members would like to spend their time.
 +
*General answer; We don't facilitate this specifically, however we'd love for you to come to a meeting and network with our members to see if someone shares the same interest
 +
**This is essentially what Velzy has been responding
 +
 +
===Safety Data Sheets===
 +
*Discussion of things like electroplating and such have come up on slack which involves some potentially quite unsafe chemicals
 +
**What other things should we have SDS for in the space?
 +
***Welding gas came with one when it was recently refilled
 +
***We do not need to go overboard with them for things such as dish soap
 +
*Who would manage this?
 +
**Is this a COO thing?
 +
**Is this a safety officer/committee thing?
 +
***We've made many mentions of creating a safety committee
 +
***It does not need to be some sort of big ceremony. Declare you are the safety committee, get the word out for anyone else interested in being a part, and get to it. Boom. Simple
 +
*What do other makerspaces do?
 +
**Jim is a good resource for this
 +
**Kayla going to reach out to Jill & Jeff Burdick for their experience
 +
 +
===Reopening the space / events===
 +
====Events====
 +
*We are having Needlecraft Night 6/18 lead by Lisa C
 +
**Soft open - open to Hive members currently
 +
**Who to open events to is completely up to the event leader's discretion and comfort level
 +
====Weekly Meetings====
 +
*We've been trickling people in and it seems to be going well
 +
*Let's start utilizing meetup again
 +
**you can adjust capacity caps on this, which will help us ease back into this. Start with 20?
 +
**Advertise meetup event more
 +
**Do we need to continue the leadership sign up sheet
 +
***Seems as though someone from leadership is fairly consistently on site. Not a bad idea to check on slack first.
 +
***But sign up sheet seems unnecessary now
 +
 +
===Mystery Membership===
 +
*Specific case solved
 +
**Outcome - Velzy to finish new member tutorial and post.
 +
**Refresher on +1 member process.
 +
***'''They still need to fill out an application and have it signed off by 2 leadership members.'''
 +
 +
===Casual Leadership meetings===
 +
*Board meetings cannot be impromptu
 +
*Leadership should discuss things outside meetings, absolutely! But board decisions are for board meetings

Latest revision as of 11:10, 15 June 2021

  • Time: 7:30 PM

Place: Google Meet Telecom To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004# To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5


Board Meetings
Previous: May 10th, 2021 Meeting Procedure Next: July 12th, 2021

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5

Agenda

  • Annual Meeting, Open nominations for Officers and Directors.
  • Budgets
    • Wardens
    • MRO - last of current budget is in July
    • Minor Infrastructure items
  • Planning / budgeting
    • Medium term
      • We should at least be thinking about improvement projects ahead of time and not just suddenly starting them.
    • How would we use the space if we were to acquire some or all to dungeon space?
      • Are we in danger of overstepping things with the landlord now or in the near future?
  • Restarting Public Meetings
  • Restarting Meetup Events
  • Mystery membership (PlusOne)
  • Would more frequent, informal leadership meeting make sense?

Frisbee Round

  • Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?

Minutes

Attendance

  • Dave S, Dave V, Drew K, Kayla L, John C, Lisa C, Chris D, Chris H, Scott H, Jim D, Kevin M

Annual Meeting and Leadership Nominations

  • Agreed to follow template from last year's election
  • Reminder on annual meeting date requirements and nomination information:
    • Annual Meeting held in the month of July. The President or delegate sets the date, time, and location of such meeting. Recommend July 20, 2021
    • Notice of Annual Meetings at least ten (10) days but no more than sixty (60) days before the meeting date. Earliest notice at 60 days from July 20, 2021 is May 21, 2021 Latest notice is July 10, 2021
      • Nominations
        • Any qualified Member has the right to nominate an eligible person for office.
        • Any qualified Member has the right to nominate themselves.
        • Only the nominated candidate can un-nominate themselves.
        • All nominations for Director positions are due one (1) week before the Annual Meeting of the Members.
        • If only one (1) person is timely nominated to run for an office and accepts such nomination, they shall run unopposed.
  • Dave S will post communication

Warden Budget

  • Wiki spreadsheet (found here) is accurate and up-to-date per Jim
    • To access this, scroll down on main wiki page to Finances header and "history of area warden budgeted expenditures" follow link posted there for spreadsheet
    • Itemized month workbooks are not updated for 2021.
  • Naturally, seems to be some trouble differentiating between what goes on warden budget v. recently voted MRO budget
  • MRO expenses currently being emailed by COO to Treasurer
    • Jim forwarded communication to leadership email for data to be input into a digestible format. Can use same format as warden expense spreadsheet.
    • Spreadsheet had not been created due to new-ness of MRO budget, but data is there in receipts
      • Who is taking action to put it into a spreadsheet.
        • Dave V will regroup with John C on previously used warden budget worksheets
  • Discussion on how warden budget purchases are determined
    • Current process seems unclear.
      • Suggestion for COO make one or two scheduled monthly purchase with warden suggestions as posted in warden slack channel. From there, if clarification is needed on urgency on items, or if they can wait for the next month, etc discussion can take place in warden channel.
      • Warden meetings have low attendance, warden slack channel possibly not being used to full potential\
      • Should bylaws be changed as they specify amount?
        • Consensus unclear
  • Need to plan better for infrastructure expenses.
    • ie; dust collection; plan, budget, execution, build out plan
      • Who is going to lead and do this? Try to motivate membership
      • Things shouldn't be MRO budget unless clear and discussed (sans toilet paper, paper towels, etc)

Dungeon Space

  • We are on good terms with ownership and not in risk of overstepping bounds. We are good to each other
  • We would not be expected to pay rent on space in current state. Our clearing it out is mutually beneficial
  • Expansion discussion into this space is very premature, but good to keep in mind if we begin running out of space.
    • when time comes, obviously this is a general membership discussion

Commissioned Projects?

  • There have been inquiries to leadership email
  • We are a non profit, we have no say in how our members would like to spend their time.
  • General answer; We don't facilitate this specifically, however we'd love for you to come to a meeting and network with our members to see if someone shares the same interest
    • This is essentially what Velzy has been responding

Safety Data Sheets

  • Discussion of things like electroplating and such have come up on slack which involves some potentially quite unsafe chemicals
    • What other things should we have SDS for in the space?
      • Welding gas came with one when it was recently refilled
      • We do not need to go overboard with them for things such as dish soap
  • Who would manage this?
    • Is this a COO thing?
    • Is this a safety officer/committee thing?
      • We've made many mentions of creating a safety committee
      • It does not need to be some sort of big ceremony. Declare you are the safety committee, get the word out for anyone else interested in being a part, and get to it. Boom. Simple
  • What do other makerspaces do?
    • Jim is a good resource for this
    • Kayla going to reach out to Jill & Jeff Burdick for their experience

Reopening the space / events

Events

  • We are having Needlecraft Night 6/18 lead by Lisa C
    • Soft open - open to Hive members currently
    • Who to open events to is completely up to the event leader's discretion and comfort level

Weekly Meetings

  • We've been trickling people in and it seems to be going well
  • Let's start utilizing meetup again
    • you can adjust capacity caps on this, which will help us ease back into this. Start with 20?
    • Advertise meetup event more
    • Do we need to continue the leadership sign up sheet
      • Seems as though someone from leadership is fairly consistently on site. Not a bad idea to check on slack first.
      • But sign up sheet seems unnecessary now

Mystery Membership

  • Specific case solved
    • Outcome - Velzy to finish new member tutorial and post.
    • Refresher on +1 member process.
      • They still need to fill out an application and have it signed off by 2 leadership members.

Casual Leadership meetings

  • Board meetings cannot be impromptu
  • Leadership should discuss things outside meetings, absolutely! But board decisions are for board meetings