Board Meeting - March 9, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: February 9, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next: April 13, 2015|
Hive13 Board Meeting March 2015
Monday April 13th 7:30pm at Hive13
- Purgatory first!
- Spending money more rapidly!
- Pizza money?
- Moving infrastructure (Ryan)
- Budget coming this week
- Seiki XL mill (Listermill)
- We are very iffy on it now. Really unsure of what it would take to get it in good condition.
- Should we go forward with figuring out the load our floor can take?
- laser cutter
- Maybe this month?
- Dave M
- Jim D
- Dan M
- Ian Blais
- Will deal with after meeting
- Jim will try to do monthly updates
- Elly will make a sign suggesting $1/slice for pizza. We will not call it out during the meeting
- Moving infrastructure
- Ryan is pushing this forward.
- We will continue not backing up anything at the hive. No reason to for the cost.
- Fastor is down.
- We are really, really iffy on this now. Probably going to say no to them for now.
- Someone broke it a while ago.
- Probably about $230-250 in repairs and a 12-15 week lead time.
- Laser cutter
- Yes, we still want to move forward with it. Someone needs to push forward on this.
- Structural engineer
- We should ask our landlords if they have papers on the floor load before we pay.
- We should talk to Re3D about getting the right sheild from them.
- Tormach grant
- Let's pass on this. Let's get manual versions of these tools before we get expensive CNC tools that people can ruin faster.
- How to move the space forward monetarily
- Should we look at grants? Probably only for one time expenditures.
- The people who have tried so far don't seem to have gotten anywhere.
- Maybe we should have someone on the board who almost solely focuses on finding grants and funding.
- We need to have outreach/branding/networking. Dave M used to do a lot of this, but stopped having as much time to do it.