Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting - October 8th, 2018"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
* Review of Action Items from last meeting
 
* Review of Action Items from last meeting
 +
** Ryan
 +
*** Send email to pending members encouraging interactions.
 +
*** Scan and attach Doug's application.
 +
** Will
 +
*** Post about Saturday cleanup
 +
*** Post about warden hours.
 +
*** Post a class template to the wiki.
 +
** Greg
 +
*** Post on Cincy discord
 +
*** Post open house page to wiki
 +
*** Create newsletter.
 +
** General
 +
*** Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member.
 +
*** Encourage demonstrations in progress
  
 
* Open Finance Website updates
 
* Open Finance Website updates
Line 46: Line 60:
  
 
=Minutes=
 
=Minutes=
* Review of Action Items from last meeting
 
* There were apparently no action items
 
* Membership Report.
 
** Two members have left this month
 
** One erroneous cancellation has been reinstated.
 
* We intend to accept members faster.
 
* There are two pending memberships.
 
** TODO - Ry to email pending members encouraging interactions.
 
** Tim needs to submit paperwork
 
** Doug to be accepted.
 
** TODO - Ryan to scan and attach Doug's application.
 
* TODO Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member.
 
* Buzzkill
 
** Ticketing system about to come online
 
** Trouble tickets for equipment.
 
** email broken to create a ticket.
 
*** QR code?
 
* Open House
 
** Coming up October 20th
 
** TODO - Will to post about Saturday cleanup
 
** TODO - Will to post about warden hours.
 
** Advertising
 
*** TODO - Greg to post on Cincy discord.
 
*** TODO - encourage demonstrations in progress
 
*** TODO - Greg to post open house page to wiki
 
* Made in camp is the week prior
 
* Reinvigorating hive culture
 
** Consideration of a monthly email newsletter.
 
*** Needs an unsubscribe feature
 
*** Send only to active members
 
*** TODO - Greg to create newsletter.
 
*** Build newsletter over the month, send after each board meeting.
 
*** Consider asking Usman for a newsletter layout.
 
*** TODO - discussion to continue in #marketing slack
 
* PTDR to fly to above the lounge for temporary storage
 
* Board game night to be held off until after the open house.
 
* Kevin considering a wine and soft crafts event.
 
* Outreach
 
** Meetup posting seems to have worked well.
 
** Classes - Mask making class coming up.
 
** TODO - Will to post a class template to the wiki.
 

Revision as of 17:33, 25 September 2018

Board Meetings
Previous: September 10th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: November 12th, 2018

Agenda

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
    • Ryan
      • Send email to pending members encouraging interactions.
      • Scan and attach Doug's application.
    • Will
      • Post about Saturday cleanup
      • Post about warden hours.
      • Post a class template to the wiki.
    • Greg
      • Post on Cincy discord
      • Post open house page to wiki
      • Create newsletter.
    • General
      • Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member.
      • Encourage demonstrations in progress
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Membership Status
    • Now a weekly thread for late payments
    • Update membership application policies
      • Did we succeed last month?
  • Warden positions to fill
    • Metal - Open
  • Buzzkill
  • Open House
    • October 20th
    • What still needs to be done?
    • Advertising
      • reddit
      • Cincinnati Discord
      • Made in Camp Week
  • Long Term Planning
    • Membership Plans for the next 2 years
    • Location Plans for the next 2 years
    • Where do we focus growth? Members? Member Engagement? Capability?
  • Newsletter
  • Processes and Procedures
    • What can we improve
    • What is tripping us up?
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Ordo ex chao
    • Social Events
      • Movie Night
      • Board Game Night
    • Outreach
    • Reddit weekend happenings
    • Classes

Minutes