Board Meeting - September 12th, 2022
|Previous: August 8th, 2022||Meeting Procedure||Next: October 10th, 2022|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial [302-751-5581|+1 302-751-5581] and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- time limit on frisbee?
- limit frisbee to only people there to talk for themselves?
- other ideas to keep concise?
For-Profit Use of Hive13 Policy
- Adopt a policy/statement similar to Dallas Makerspace?
- Need to edit: https://wiki.hive13.org/view/Orientation_Handout#Running_your_business_at_Hive13
- Encourage more discussion
- Require 1 month discussion for large votes (>$5k)?
- Require a member poll each quarter to gauge what large purchases (>$5k?) have most interest?
- Require 5 endorsements for a large vote? Encourages committee development vs. individual whim.
- Jim currently requires items have been delivered to reimburse
- Does this actually have a purpose? can burden members who buy stuff for the hive in large purchases
Status of Pending Requests on Intweb
- 9 pending applications
- 2 pending storage requests
Suspension and Termination Procedures
From Dave B:
Recently, a member was suspended and locked out of the space for violating space rules. No mention of this was made on Slack or Discourse. I do not think that we want to be the kind of organization that has secret suspensions. I would like to see the board discuss measures to increase transparency on the rare occaisons where disciplinary procedures need to be used. Avoiding "public shaming" was a reason given on slack. In my opinion, if you do something bad enough that two members of leadership decide to suspend you and lock you out of the space you can deal with other members being made aware of it. Leadership remain accountable to membership by sharing their decisions, not by making them in private.