Board Meeting - September 14th, 2015: Difference between revisions

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Next meeting for the Sept 14th meeting is not August 10th...)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
Next Meeting
Next Meeting


Monday August 10th 7:30pm at Hive13
Monday October 12th 7:30pm at Hive13


=Agenda=
=Agenda=
Line 25: Line 25:
* Hive Culture (Dustin)
* Hive Culture (Dustin)
* Hive Processes (Dustin)
* Hive Processes (Dustin)
* CnC Table discussion (Dustin)
** Paid classes to buy software.


=Attendees=
=Attendees=
Lorin, Dave L, Ryan H., Ian W., Nancy G., Dustin B.


=Minutes=
* Discussion of possible grant seeking.
**Ian W. has a friend who mentioned that we might qualify for an Americorps Vista grant.
**Dave Menninger had one at FreeGeek columbus?
**UC Forward has partially funded Lorin's Grant. This required a class with students and professors working with non profits in a reciprocal work arrangement. Initally Hive13, UC, and the Library. Hive13 is the principle organization named in Lorin's grant.
**Students and Library members would still need to be Hive13 members to use the Hive's tools.
**The grant has been provisionally awarded. Full conditions for allocating the awarded funds have not yet been provided.
**Lorin to provide a succinct list of rights and responsibilities.


=Minutes=
* Purgatory first!
* Purgatory first!
** cleaning off purgatory of unwanted things
** cleaning off purgatory of unwanted things


*Moving website (Ryan and/or Dark Ian)
*Moving website (Ryan and/or Dark Ian)
**Ian has secured DNS control and is in process of moving the sites


*Internship plan for future (Dustin)
*Internship plan for future (Dustin)
**Lorin may use his relationships with UC's college of non profit management to find student seeking internship experience.
**This will be a strange sort of application in which potential interns suggest things they might do for the hive.
**Leadership to review lorin's proposal/email and respond with next steps.


*Hive floorplan redesign (Dustin)
*Hive floorplan redesign (Dustin)
**Tabled until next month due to two consecutive maker faires.


*Expense Reports
*UC/DAAP Outreach (Dustin)
 
**Lorin advised Dustin to reach out SALD - Student Activities and Leadership Development.
* UC/DAAP Outreach (Dustin)


* Membership Review (Ryan)
*Expense Reports, Membership Review (Ryan)
** Jim was not present this evening.


* Hive Culture (Dustin)
* CnC Table discussion (Dustin)
**The general feeling is that we need to base our workflows on freely available tools, so that members can use the same set of tools at home.
**Coy could present his plan to the membership at tomorrow's meeting.

Latest revision as of 11:15, 15 September 2015

Board Meetings
Previous: August 10, 2015 Meeting Procedure Next: October 12th, 2015

Hive13 Board Meeting September 14, 2015

Next Meeting

Monday October 12th 7:30pm at Hive13

Agenda

  • Purgatory first!
    • Cleaning off purgatory of unwanted things
  • Moving website (Ryan and/or Dark Ian)
  • Internship plan for future (Dustin)
  • Hive floorplan redesign (Dustin)
  • Expense Reports


New Business

  • UC/DAAP Outreach (Dustin)
  • Membership Review (Ryan)
  • Hive Culture (Dustin)
  • Hive Processes (Dustin)
  • CnC Table discussion (Dustin)
    • Paid classes to buy software.


Attendees

Lorin, Dave L, Ryan H., Ian W., Nancy G., Dustin B.

Minutes

  • Discussion of possible grant seeking.
    • Ian W. has a friend who mentioned that we might qualify for an Americorps Vista grant.
    • Dave Menninger had one at FreeGeek columbus?
    • UC Forward has partially funded Lorin's Grant. This required a class with students and professors working with non profits in a reciprocal work arrangement. Initally Hive13, UC, and the Library. Hive13 is the principle organization named in Lorin's grant.
    • Students and Library members would still need to be Hive13 members to use the Hive's tools.
    • The grant has been provisionally awarded. Full conditions for allocating the awarded funds have not yet been provided.
    • Lorin to provide a succinct list of rights and responsibilities.
  • Purgatory first!
    • cleaning off purgatory of unwanted things
  • Moving website (Ryan and/or Dark Ian)
    • Ian has secured DNS control and is in process of moving the sites
  • Internship plan for future (Dustin)
    • Lorin may use his relationships with UC's college of non profit management to find student seeking internship experience.
    • This will be a strange sort of application in which potential interns suggest things they might do for the hive.
    • Leadership to review lorin's proposal/email and respond with next steps.
  • Hive floorplan redesign (Dustin)
    • Tabled until next month due to two consecutive maker faires.
  • UC/DAAP Outreach (Dustin)
    • Lorin advised Dustin to reach out SALD - Student Activities and Leadership Development.
  • Expense Reports, Membership Review (Ryan)
    • Jim was not present this evening.
  • CnC Table discussion (Dustin)
    • The general feeling is that we need to base our workflows on freely available tools, so that members can use the same set of tools at home.
    • Coy could present his plan to the membership at tomorrow's meeting.