Board meeting - August 14th, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: August 8th, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next: September 19th, 2016|
Hive13 Emergency Board Meeting August 14th, 2016
- Discuss issue between Daniel M, Dave B, and Kevin S
- Lorin (Remote)
- Ian B
- Brad (Remote)
Discuss issue between Daniel M, Dave B, and Kevin S.
- Daniel, Dave, and Kevin were arguing on the mailing list which escalated into legal threats.
- Someone has asked us to suspend Daniel's membership due to the legal threats. The goal tonight is deescalation. Elly considers suspension escalation.
- Thinks we should not consider suspension because the legal threats might start being aimed at the hive.
- If we consider suspension, do we need to suspend everyone involved? Possibly.
- The conversations on the mailing list were inapropriate, however suspension seems to be an escalation at this time.
- We should send out an email about this to them, or talk to them in person.
- We need a third party not involved in this incident; Elly would be a good candidate.
- This is a wakeup call to fix the bylaws to allow us to deal with issues as such in the future.
- Date for this bylaws discussion among leadership will be on Thursday, August 18th.
- This meeting will serve as a forum to discuss and formalize a bylaw change proposal in preparation for submission as a formal vote of the membership.