Comms Working Group Volunteers
Tools we use
The Google Group can be found at: http://groups.google.com/group/cincihackerspace?hl=en
We are in #hive13 on freenode.net.
You're lookin' at it. This mediawiki is our wiki.
[] is a Secure Internet Live Conferencing protocol. Basically it works somewhat like IRC.
See [] for information on connecting to our SILC room.
Getting Domain Names
Craig has bought some domains, They have links to all of our sites and is basically just a general portal page.
Hosting our own
- migrate Google Group -> mailman
- migrate wikispaces.com -> MediaWiki
- migrate SILC channel to ???
Group Mailing Lists and Member Accounts
- For each group on the wiki, paper pushers, comm, etc. Create email groups once all accounts have been created on Hive13. This way if somebody wants to make an announcement they can mail firstname.lastname@example.org or whatever.
- Use User Accounts as a way of managing membership. This can be used as a single-sign on (SSO) solution and to control multi-tier membership access if so desired.
- I like both of the above ideas if we know of a way to accomplish them. 1243544577
Public vs. Private
- I think we need to start differentiating between what we consider public and private comms infrastructure. I think there always needs to be something public that is very easily to contribute to, and then in addition to that add the private accounts, rooms, etc, etc. 1243624830