DIYBookScanner: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→Next steps)
(Marking as left the hive, not sure of the exact date)
|(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|Line 10:||Line 11:|
Latest revision as of 15:51, 9 August 2016
|Start Date: 12/4/2012|
|End Date: 10/20/2013|
|No Longer Hive13 Equipment|
|List of All Documented Equipment
|Hive13 Asset Tag: None|
|Make/Model: http://diybookscanner.org (google)|
|Arrival Date: 12/04/2012|
|Does it work?: Partially|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
Property "Maintainer" (as page type) with input value "User:DaveMenninger|DaveMenninger" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
Scanner is functional.
- The Book Scanner parts are painted and assembled.
- cameras are mounted
- chdk firware is loaded
- usb trigger is wired
- dc power for cameras is wired
- clean up all wiring
- tidy atx psu wiring - possibly mount in a box or a panel
- re-wire usb trigger, removing breadboard
- permanently affix handle and trigger
- find location for bookscanner to reside
- acquire larger SD cards
- disable flash on both cameras
- label SD cards
- touch up paint
- add a hive13 sticker
- add a QR code label pointing to this page ( see the equipment infobox right over there -> )
- add video display - have RCA cables; need a small, cheap RCA video display ( http://www.diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1012 )
Longer Range Goals
- Automatable cameras using gphoto2?
- Power on lights, cameras.
- Place book in cradle.
- Lower handle, raising the book to the platen.
- Press trigger once to focus, again to snap photos.
- Lower book.
- Turn page.
- Take SD cards from cameras.
- Put images from even pages ( right-hand camera ) into a dir called EvenPages
- Put images from odd pages ( left-hand camera ) into a dir called OddPages
- Interleave/rename files using this script or one like it: https://gist.github.com/davemenninger/6022947
- Use ScanTailor to clean up images ( http://scantailor.sourceforge.net/ or sudo apt-get install scantailor )
- OCR files with this script or another tool of your choice: https://gist.github.com/davemenninger/6022994