December 1, 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: November 24, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: December 8, 2009|
Time: 7:00 PM
Status Updates / Old Business
- uc surplus sale this coming saturday
- december synchronous hackathon
- xmas party
- dualcore video shoot
- first meeting of the month - officer reports
Items to be Voted on
Assigning Next Actions
Introductions - New People
- Ed and Aaron
- are awesome!
Finances - Craig
- we're doing ok right now
- we will try to re-institute the profit-point spreadsheet
Secretary - Dave
- paper still almost filled out
- might be good to sumbit after the new year, to save money
COO Report - Paul
- got some new tools - nice!
- screwdrivers, exacto blades, pvc pipe cutter
CTO - ChrisA
- fried a cobalt server with fire
Events this Week
- cinci2600 this friday
- contests!, prizes!
- pxe server fun
- dualcore video shoot this saturday
- dualcore get here at 9am, start shooting at 10am
uc surplus sale this sat
- should we go this time? - yeah
- be at the sale at 9am
- let's start paying for it out of the coffee can money
- $25 pizza -> $1 per slice -> $5 dollar profit!
stove - James
- we would need like 100ft of 10-3 romex ( about $100 of copper)
- grant should ok this improvement
- should grant pay for it too?
- new pigtail for the stove too?
- just get a gas stove? - more dangerous?
hackerspaces in Seattle - Craig
- visited two hackerspaces over the holiday
- one was totally private, privately funded
- explosions on $250,000 high-speed video camera
- second one was like a corporate hackerspace
- called metrix-create
- like a fablab type thing
- everything like pay-as-you-go for anyone to come use
- Dec 19 http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Synchronous_Hackathon_2
- Dec 27 http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/wiki/index.php/Dragons_everywhere
- dec 12th?
- possibility louisville hackerspace people might be
MAME special interest group
- we need to set up an "arcade night"
- get people involved
CNC Electronics - James
- has boards all designed
- is getting 5 of them built by Seeed Studios
- drop-in replacement reprap/makerbot electronics
- Ed adopt this as an official project
- maybe use james' electronics
Web Shop - Jim
- how hard would it be to make a little web shop to sell our electronics, tshirts, snowflakes
Entertrainment Junction - Jim
- Jim went back at thanksgiving time
- met the software guy this time
- we could collaborate on projects with them?
- engine yard
- city streets traffic lights
contact the guy with a cnc that craig knows
- do some cnc parts in alumnimum
- craig will hook jim up with contact info
the bay networks switch thingy
- it is owned by a community group in walnunt hills
- let's try to get it working
- we might be allowed to keep it
- cjdavis is finding out more details about it on friday