December 10, 2013
|Previous Meeting: December 3, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: December 17, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Snow was lame and caused game day cancellation
- Space Rehab
- Security camera setup postponed--It will start 5-ish tomorrow night. 4 cables need to be run.
- Roof leak
- T-shirts--design was sent out to list
- New acquisitions/donations for kitchen
- Shop tool turnover
- Mike--interest in DIY-bio workshop with Genomikon?
- Ian (president)--bought kitchen stuff and putt it on wiki
- Dave-replaced Router
- Nancy-gave someone a sweing lesson
- Jon-space wrangler (COO)--working on CNC mill this week!
- Dave(m)--did Xmas shopping
- Jim--buying stuff for holiday making, grandfather clock and cindy-lou
- Chris-scraped off car
- Hutch--shield for CNC arduino
- Shadoxx AKA Brandon--aruduino stuff, and tire changing
- Ryan--played with home network,
- Tiffany (remote attendee)--passed closed defense
- Dave (remote attendee)
Cameras Ian will not be around this weekend--let Ian know before thursday We need to know if there will be enough T-shirt orders for a price-break... $13 per T-shirt if we buy $50 They will be printed by custom ink. Jon asked about quality, Ian provided reassurance. Ian--we should also possibly look at business cards/stickers. Jon--vinyl stickers are nice. Dave--will follow up with the guy we got them from last time. Stickermule?
- Tools--Jim opened up the discussion
- we should start with a survey.
- Table saw, which was owned by Ed, has been taken back.
- Price range for table saw ranges from $200 to $2000.
- Belt sander for ~200 would be great.
- More ideas--sheet metal roller, metal working tools, etc.
- sheet metal break
- Jon--we have a bit of money to buy tools.
- Shaddox--we should have kiln? Jon--we have one but its broke. Probably something with wiring.
- Jon--time frame...?
- Jim will spearhead a committee.
- Hive has about $21K in the bank.
- Suggestion of basic safety course for tools.
- Jim, + John2.0 can do a monthly training course.
- Bureau of workers comp will train people on shop safety for free.
- Hutch--what's a good saw? Some discussion ensued.
- Ryan--router table was part of last table saw, perhaps we should get one
Mike: DIY bio
Jim--Power tool drag racing
- Maker faire at museum center next year
- February 2nd tool show in columbus--invitation to take up the track
- Ian wants a hive-shaped cookie cutter.
- Will probably do a stencil to decorate it.
- Emily--has some stuff to donate if anyone wants it: broken paint sprayer and "chandelier" portion of a ceiling fan