December 11, 2018
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: November 27, 2018||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: December 18, 2018|
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Shelf B is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf C.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Broken things at the Hive? E-mail email@example.com to report them.
- Tuesday Talks are coming back
- Don't necessarily *have* to be the second Tuesday
- If you know of someone who could give an interesting talk, drop us a line.
- Campbell Hausfield rep email - possible interaction with Hive to review/test pneumatic stuff
- Upcoming craft night (sewing, fabric, etc.) mailing list item to follow
- Next week worktable vote. See mailing list
- Reminders were delivered as per the agenda.
- Shelf B is up for grabs. New stuff goes on shelf C.
- If you "find" a broken tool, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Business
- Tuesday Talks will return next year.
- We're still seeking a speaker for January.
- American Sign museum will discuss neon sign fabrication in February.
- New Business
- Brad received an inquiry about holding a learn to solder event for a scout troop.
- We had an inquiry from Campbell Hausfeld, a pneumatic tool vendor. They might provide tools for testing in exchange for our reviews.
- The Week in Wiki
- Upcoming Events
- Kevin will host a fabric crafts night sometime in January.
- Bionic Tigers is seeking some software development help. This is being coordinated on the slack robot jocks channel. Possibly Wednesday next week.
- Kevin proposes a $1600? vote for materials to construct 5 heavy duty general purpose worktables. Two would have steel tops. Three would have replaceable MDF tops. See the mailing list for details.
- Round of Tuit
- Jeremy Y- Fabricobnbling some tool handles, setting up shelves.
- Chris H- Creating a high resolution scan of the hive.
- Greg A - Worked with Dave to improve the heater serving the annex and the next door stained glass shop. Worked on intweb, and the Lounge lighting controllers.
- Jim - Working on the RFID badge tool lockout boxes. Making a wood pallet to move some machinery.
- Brad - Working on an analog synth kit with his son. Buying more sh..tuff at auction.
- Kevin - Built a base cabinet for the scroll saw. Working on his wood inlay boxes.
- Ryan - Working on the can crusher.
- Dave V - Making acrylic storage bins using hte laser cutter and plastic bender. Assembling robot arms for ispace.
- Drew - Discovering the pleasure of home electrical work.
- Franklin - Working on his home theatre setup.
- Nancy - Making progress on her peg loom setup.
- Uwe - First visit. Tool and die maker by trade. Acquaintance of Brad.
- Will - Aspiring member. Bought a house. Working on duct sealing.
- Matt - First visit. Works at a startup in Dayton, looking for a local workshop.
- Vicente - Working on a line following robot.