December 16, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: December 9, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 6, 2015|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Welding Table Update
- Gigabot update
- Electrical upgrade?
- Area wardens
- They can start organizing things for the mini open house!
- Lan party guy - Last time this will be mentioned
- Secretary election
- Nominees: Dustin
- Nominees: Brandon
- Kitchen lights
- RFID finally up to date
- Laser cutter minute purchases fix
- Extra bigass laser! Maybe?
- Bill is Selling Laser
- This week in wiki!
- Big CNC update
- No meeting the next two weeks.
- New Event with Popup Cincy
- Jim's brother's girlfriend is able to source us poly-styrene for cheap!
- Who Stole Dustin's Knobs?
- Coy is donating/selling some kind of lathe.
- Hayden - Jim's Roomate
- Jordan - electric die
- Franklin - busy, new smartphone
- Ryan - melted first Arduino! home automation, ducking Bill (he still sees you)
- Jon - counting votes
- Jim S - playing with topological automation
- Katie - worked!
- Ivan - Gigabot!
- John - printing 3d ornaments
- Craig - Made 3d ornament
- Jason - too many hugs
- Kirk - moped convention. the coolest thing ever
- Bill - bought a Deathstar laser. Deathstar to come.
- Julien - found breakout board to better improve Shapeoko
- Dustin (Doug, aka Kyle) - Rasperry Pi
- Brandon - jobbed better
- Coy - figured out 3d printing stuff
- Hodapp - caught herpes. and AIDS. really every STD.
- Dave - out of town for the Holidays
- Bill (Guest) - restoring HAM radios
- Charles - got back from vacation. fixed a production outage while drunk
- Jessica (Guest) - made soup
- Elly - wrote down ideas for area warden crap
- Brad - entering volunteer information from a convention
- Ian B - working a lot. brainstorming. science!
- Tom - Made a new silverware organizer for apartment!
- also this guys' name
- Ken - checkup on powertool. bought secret parts
- Kevin - working!
- Welding Table
- Unsure about options. Still researching. Talking to Dave about buying the table he's selling.
- Installed new parts (thermister, heating element). Waiting on new firmware update.
- Still need to figure out where to run new power drops.
- At least one near the cnc area, one in the dirty room for plasma cutter, etc.
- Area Wardens
- Refer to mailing list for assignments (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cincihackerspace/mabCax2FQiI)
- LAN Party - ???
- Kitchen Lights
- No updates
- Jordan will take over this if it isn't done by the first of the year
- Event with Popup
- One day commitment, just show up. No other action required. Really great networking opportunity with designers, architects, other creative types.
- Planned to occur Saturday January 21st, 2015 in Avondale. More information to follow. Stay tuned!
- Allowed to display Hive projects! Woo!
- Bill is Selling His old laser cutter!
- 2ftx3ft 65W laser
- There are other options that will be more of a hassle to purchase.
- Jon also got a quote from wk laser for a 1.5mx1.2m (~4ftx5ft) laser cutter
- 60W is $4050 not including extra stuff we would need
- 80W is $4200
- 100W is $4400
- 150W is $4800
- extras we would need:
- auto z axis: $350
- sighting laser: $100
- possibly a chiller: $400
- USB control: $100
- shipping and customs will probably be ~$2000 (This is the biggest variable)
- Total for 60W will probably be around $7000
- Total for 100W will probably be around $7350
- Total for 150W will probably be around $7750
- This Week In Wiki!
- Updates to Welding Page and Wishlist.
- Area Wardens would be great candidates to edit the pages! They should also be current on the wishlist to check for things in their area.
- BIG Cnc Update
- Coy stopped by the shop that's milling us the plates for our CNC. Will be done shortly.
- Power Series
- Wrapped up this year! Will be coming back next year bigger and stronger.
- Laser Minutes!
- fixed, was broken. not broken now.