Difference between revisions of "Design Resources"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→Getting Started)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
= Tools =
= Tools =
Revision as of 11:38, 31 August 2011
|3D Printing||2D Cutting||Misc|
- High level introduction to 2D and 3D personal fabrication with some emphasis on Google Sketchup
- Need more introductory materials, tutorials, etc.
- Thingiverse - Library of thousands of 2 and 3 dimensional objects
- Google 3D Warehouse
- Studio Ludens - Design generation tools
- http://tinkercad.com/ - 3D solid modelling
- http://cloudscad.com - cloud version of OpenSCAD source code on github
- https://www.autocadws.com/ 2D autocad
- http://www.3dtin.com/ - 3D modeling with blocks
- meshmixer - STL file manipulation
- Inkscape - vector graphics
- Blender - 3D modeling
- OpenSCAD - programmatic 3D CAD
- Qcad - 2D CAD
- Elise - computer generated L-systems
- 123D - 3D modeling app
- Google Sketchup - 3D modeling app. See this blog entry for tips
- SketchChair - computer aided flat-pack furniture design
- http://www.autocadws.com/mobile/ - 2D autocad app for Android and iOS
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcalg/ - An algorithm that generates sheets of polygons and connectors that can be laser-cut and connected with cotter pins to form arbitrary 3d surfaces.
- Draftsight - Free 2D CAD for Windows, OSX, and Linux
- Sculptris - Free 3D sculpting software for Windows & OSX
See: Hive13 Art for logos, etc.