We have one. This will contain a drawing of where all of our outlets are, how the are wired together, what voltage and current they can handle, and what breaker they are connected to.
- 1 Needed Upgrades
- 2 Breaker panels
- 3 Current outlet layout
- 4 Lights
- 5 Log
- Dirty room/metal, one drop still needs to be connected to the panel (need a 3/8" clamp).
- A high-amperage 120/240 drop in the dirty room. 50A at least; 60A would be better. (Not sure if necessary)
- Popcorn machine (Waiting for machine's final destination)
- Inspect load on main space light circuit and see if we can put two to four more lights on it. (Greg and Jon discovered it's about 6½ amps, so there's room.)
- One more light in the woodworking area. (high importance)
- One more in the CNC area. (low importance)
- One more in dirty room. (medium importance)
We put a new breaker panel in the dirty room. It is fed from Panel 2, and supplies 125A. This will allow us to run more circuits, as they will be cheaper and easier. The drawing will get some updates when I (Greg) track down the source.
Circuits in Panel 1
|? (20A)||1||2||? (20A)|
|? (20A)||3||4||? (20A)|
|? (20A)||5||6||Several dirty room outlets, one woodworking area outlet,
one outlet behind hand tools shelf (20A)
|Outer lounge corner pillar and CNC ACs (20A)||7||8||Pillar by thermostat (20A)|
|? (20A)||9||10||Meeting area pillar and kitchen lights (20A)|
|? (20A)||11||12||West wall outlets (20A)|
|? (20A)||13||14||? (20A)|
|? (20A)||15||16||? (20A)|
|? (20A)||17||18||? (20A)|
|All of fablab and lounge (20A)||19||20||? (50A)|
|Server rack (20A)||23||24||? (20A)|
|Outlet behind manual mill (20A)||25||26||? (20A)|
|Woodworking area pillar (20A)||27||28||Behind fridge (20A)|
|Woodworking area outside wall (20A)||29||30||Fab lab outer wall (20A)|
Circuits in Panel 2
|? (20A)||1||2||Feed to Panel 3 (125A)|
|? (50A)||5||6||? (50A)|
|? (50A)||9||10||? (60A)|
|? (20A)||13||14||Dust collector (20A)|
|Big CNC (20A)||17||18||Compressor (20A)|
Circuits in Panel 3
|New Laser and chiller (20A)||1||2||Single drop to A/C on west wall (15A)|
|3||4||Outlet next to breaker panel (20A)|
|Drop into Fab Lab (20A)||5||6||Drop to electronics area (20A)|
|Drop on dirty room west wall (20A)||7||8||Spare 20A Breaker|
|Spare 60A Breaker||9||10||Blank|
Current outlet layout
This is a very rough layout of where outlets are in the hive. The text is the circuit breaker panel (panel 1, 2, or 3) followed by the breaker that the outlet is connected to. These locations are not exact and many outlets have not been traced yet (shown by a question mark).
- The fab lab and lounge lights are tied in to the majority of the outlets in those room. They are on P1B19.
- The main lights in the space I believe are on breaker 4.
- The electronics area lights are on ??
- The kitchen area lights are on ??
- The dirty room lights are on??
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015
Jon and Greg poured blood, sweat, and tears into getting the conduit installed for panel 3. All that remains is feeding four strands of prohibitively stiff wire through eighty feet of conduit, then we'll have power!
Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015
Jon , Greg and Andrew got the last wire through the conduit. Bought the wrong size lug nut for the neutral tie in for panel 2, but we got the power running temporarily until we can fix that. Jon ran wire from panel 3 to the two unfinished boxes in the dirty room and the box by the electronics area. They only need to be tied in to panel 3. The high intensity LED light was also tied in to the switch for the welding warning light.
Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015
Greg finished installing the neutral wire into the panel, so it is now completely working. The feed to the electronics area was also completed.
Tuesday, Sept. 15 2015
Greg finished installing the west wall dirty room drop and removed the odd wire coming off of the meeting room wall drop.