We have one. This will contain a drawing of where all of our outlets are, how the are wired together, what voltage and current they can handle, and what breaker they are connected to.
- Dirty room/metal room badly needs a minimum of one 120V 20A drop. Two would be even better.
- Fab lab must have a 240V 20A drop for the new laser + chiller.
- Fab lab could do with another 120V 20A drop to replaced one or two of the outlets tied to P1B19.
- Ian Blais would like one near the CNC area for the popcorn machine. Could be useful for the CNCs as well.
- Install an extra plug spot on the 220V outlet in the woodworking area so we can have both the dust collector and table saw running at the same time.
- Inspect load on main space light circuit and see if we can put two to four more lights on it.
- One more light in the woodworking area. (badly needed)
- One more in the CNC area. (not as badly needed)
- One more in the dirty room. (badly needed)
- One more over meeting area. (not as badly needed)
One idea is to bring in a 100A+ subpanel in the dirty room so we can branch out from there. This would probably cost about $600+, but it would let us be more flexible in the future as well as making it easier to reset breakers. We are also running out of spots on the panels in the main electrical sub panels and this could help with that.
The second idea is to pretty much use up the remaining ~6 spots on the sub panel in the main room. With the upgrades listed above we need 6 spots so we would only have one extra spot left.
Current outlet layout
This is a very rough layout of where outlets are in the hive. The text is the circuit breaker panel (panel 1 or 2) followed by the breaker that the outlet is connected to. These locations are not exact and many outlets have not been traced yet (shown by a question mark).
The fab lab and lounge lights are tied in to the majority of the outlets in those room. They are on P1B19. The main lights in the space I believe are on breaker 4. The electronics area lights are on ?? The kitchen area lights are on ?? The dirty room lights are on??
Take pictures of breaker box or just make a drawing of it?