We have one. This will contain a drawing of where all of our outlets are, how the are wired together, what voltage and current they can handle, and what breaker they are connected to.
Bold items are super critical as breakers are popping waiting for these.
- Fab lab 120V 20A drop - four outlets on the east wall. (Done; waiting for panel feed to be finished)
- 120V 15A drop on west wall in between microwave and A/C. (Done; waiting for panel feed to be finished)
- Dirty room/metal room badly needs a minimum of one 120V 20A drop. Two would be even better. (One done; two need wire be connected to panel.)
- At least one drop to the electronics area. (Wire just needs to be connected to panel.)
Still need to plan these
- A high-amperage 120/240 drop in the dirty room. 50A at least; 60A would be better.
- Ian Blais would like one near the CNC area for the popcorn machine. Could be useful for the CNCs as well.
- Inspect load on main space light circuit and see if we can put two to four more lights on it. (Greg and Jon discovered it's about 6½ amps, so there's room.)
- One more light in the woodworking area. (high importance)
- One more in the CNC area. (low importance)
- One more over meeting area. (medium importance)
- One more in dirty room. (medium importance)
New breaker panel (Panel 3)
We put a new breaker panel in the dirty room. It will be fed from Panel 2, and supplies 125A. This will allow us to run more circuits, as they will be cheaper and easier. The drawing will get some updates when I (Greg) track down the source.
Circuits in Panel 3
|New Laser and chiller (20A)||1||2||Single Drop to A/C on west wall (15A)|
|3||4||Outlet next to breaker panel (20A)|
|Drop into Fab Lab (20A)||5||6||Spare 20A Breaker|
|Spare 20A Breaker||7||8||Spare 20A Breaker|
Current outlet layout
This is a very rough layout of where outlets are in the hive. The text is the circuit breaker panel (panel 1, 2, or 3) followed by the breaker that the outlet is connected to. These locations are not exact and many outlets have not been traced yet (shown by a question mark).
- The fab lab and lounge lights are tied in to the majority of the outlets in those room. They are on P1B19.
- The main lights in the space I believe are on breaker 4.
- The electronics area lights are on ??
- The kitchen area lights are on ??
- The dirty room lights are on??
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015
Jon and Greg poured blood, sweat, and tears into getting the conduit installed for panel 3. All that remains is feeding four strands of prohibitively stiff wire through eighty feet of conduit, then we'll have power!
Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015
Jon and Greg and Andrew got the last wire through the conduit. Bought the wrong size lug nut for the neutral tie in for panel 2, but we got the power running temporarily until we can fix that. Jon ran wire from panel 3 to the two unfinished boxes in the dirty room and the box by the electronics area. They only need to be tied in to panel 3. The high intensity LED light was also tied in to the switch for the welding warning light.