Electrical System - 2929 Historical
- 1 General Information
- 2 Needed Upgrades
- 3 Breaker panels
- 4 Current outlet layout
- 5 Lights
- 6 Log
- 7 NEMA Connectors in use
Note: Everything here is historical information about our former 2929 location. For information about our newer space at 2701SG, see Electrical System.
- We use white-colored outlets, switches, and wall plates. Some of the older stuff is a mix of ivory and black, but use white whenever purchasing anything.
- If it's installed on masonry, use galvanized steel plates and white outlets.
- Popcorn machine (Waiting for machine's final destination)
- Inspect load on main space light circuit and see if we can put two to four more lights on it. (Greg and Jon discovered it's about 6½ amps, so there's room.)
- One more light in the woodworking area. (high importance)
- A 20A 120V drop for new and existing lighting and the ceiling fan.
- Figure out what the hell is wrong with the one outlet that pops breakers when stuff's plugged into it.
We put a new breaker panel in the dirty room. It is fed from Panel 2, and supplies 125A. This will allow us to run more circuits, as they will be cheaper and easier. The drawing will get some updates when I (Greg) track down the source.
|(20A)||1||2||Hallway + Gillian Thompson (20A)|
|Sprinkler Alarm - Mid Bldg (20A)||3||4||? (20A)|
|? (20A)||5||6||Several dirty room outlets, one woodworking area outlet,
one outlet behind hand tools shelf (20A)
|Outer lounge corner pillar and CNC ACs (20A)||7||8||Pillar by thermostat (20A)|
|? (20A)||9||10||Meeting area pillar and kitchen lights (20A)|
|? (20A)||11||12||West wall outlets (20A)|
|? (20A)||13||14||? (20A)|
|Lobby Lights + Electrical Room (20A)||15||16||? (20A)|
|Furnace 2nd floor (20A)||17||18||Emergency lights 2nd Flr (20A)|
|Lounge North and East walls (20A)||19||20||Gillian Studio Kiln (50A)|
|Unit #2 Lights (20A)||21||22|
|Server rack (20A)||23||24||At least some in the Annex. (20A)|
|Outlet behind manual mill (20A)||25||26||Outlets Overhead Lights (20A)|
|Woodworking area pillar (20A)||27||28||Behind fridge (20A)|
|Woodworking area outside wall (20A)||29||30||Lounge North wall, west corner(20A)|
- Circuits P1B28 and P1B30 share a neutral but are NOT gang-trip.
|? (20A)||1||2||Feed to Panel 3 (125A)|
|Hive E Wall (20A)||3A||4|
|? (50A)||5||6||? (50A)|
|Body Shop (50A)||9||10||Furnace (60A)|
|Furnace (20A)||13||14||Dust collector (20A)|
|Big CNC (20A)||17||18||Compressor (20A)|
|Hive13 Welder (50A)||21||22||Annex East Wall for 3D Printers (20A)|
|23||24||Pillar DE12 in the Annex (20A)|
|A/Cs in Annex (30A)||25||26||Big Laser (20A)|
|Lounge A/C (20A)||1||2||Single drop to A/C on west wall (15A)|
|3||4||Outlet next to breaker panel (20A)|
|South wall of Lounge (20A)||5||6||Blank (20A)|
|Drop on dirty room west wall (20A)||7||8||Drop on Dirty Room North Wall (20A)|
|Meeting area lights (20A)||9||10||Exhaust Fan (20A)|
|NEMA 14-50 Receptacle on Metal Room North Wall (60A)||11||12|
|(20A)||17||18||Outlet above new storage (20A)|
Current outlet layout
This is a very rough layout of where outlets are in the hive. The text is the circuit breaker panel (panel 1, 2, or 3) followed by the breaker that the outlet is connected to. These locations are not exact and many outlets have not been traced yet (shown by a question mark).
- The fab lab and lounge lights are tied in to the majority of the outlets in those room. They are on P1B19.
- The main lights in the space I believe are on breaker 4.
- The electronics area lights are on ??
- The kitchen area lights are on ??
- The dirty room lights are on??
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015
Jon and Greg poured blood, sweat, and tears into getting the conduit installed for panel 3. All that remains is feeding four strands of prohibitively stiff wire through eighty feet of conduit, then we'll have power!
Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015
Jon , Greg and Andrew got the last wire through the conduit. Bought the wrong size lug nut for the neutral tie in for panel 2, but we got the power running temporarily until we can fix that. Jon ran wire from panel 3 to the two unfinished boxes in the dirty room and the box by the electronics area. They only need to be tied in to panel 3. The high intensity LED light was also tied in to the switch for the welding warning light.
Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015
Greg finished installing the neutral wire into the panel, so it is now completely working. The feed to the electronics area was also completed.
Tuesday, Sept. 15 2015
Greg finished installing the west wall dirty room drop and removed the odd wire coming off of the meeting room wall drop.
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Thursday, July 5, 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Greg added a NEMA 14-50 receptacle on the north wall of the Metal Room.