Electronics Work Area
The Electronics Area
The electronics area exists on the workbench closest to Spring Grove Ave. (I'm not sure what grid square)
We're starting to get a useful collection of things for working with electronics. I decided to try to document what all we have because I heard at least three people say, "Wow, we have one of those?"
Items on loan to the hive are parenthetically noted. Items owned by the hive are noted 'hive13'
So without further ado...
BTW, please feel free to add more information / details!
Soldering Tools in the Area
- Weller WES50 Temperature control soldering iron (cdavis)
- Tenma 72-925 Temperature control soldering iron (hive13)
- Tenma 72-6340 De-soldering iron (player2 ???)
- Tenma Fume extractor fan (hive13?)
- Leaded Rosin core solder, several rolls (hive13)
- Lead free solder, one or two rolls (hive13)
- Homebrew stand with tool holder, solder tip cleaner, No-clean solder for SMT work, 2x different diameter water clean up solder for SMT work. Please note: this solder is expensive (~$50 / lb - roll) so do not use it for through-hole stuff. (hive13)
- Solder Paste dispenser - this is not actively set up but it is a matter of connecting attachments and going to town. CNC automation of solder paste application is planned. (hive13)
- Small air compressor - intended to run solder paste dispenser. (blundar)
- Temperature-controlled hotplate - not sure exactly where this is located or where it should be kept but we have one of these. (hive13?)
- Solder paste - in the fridge in the dirty room, keep it refrigerated! (hive13)
Testing tools we have
- Tenma 40 Mhz oscilloscope (set up, has probes)
- Several other oscopes that are untested/not set up
Programmers, Power supplies, etc.
- Olimex USB JTAG with OpenOCD debugger support ( link ) (hive13)
- usbtinyisp AVR microcontroller programmer ( link) (cdavis)
- Willem Parallel port EPROM programmer (link) (hive13)
- Serial interface Smart Card programmer for Satellite use (unknown, need to track down docs) (hive13)
- "Hondalog" FTDI USB->TTL interface (product pin-config) (hive13)
- Pasco model 8000 adjustable power supply
- Lattice XP2 Brevia FPGA dev kit - complete and in box (link) (hive13)
- Stellaris LM3S811 Cortex 50 Mhz Cortex M3 ARM - complete and in box (link) (hive13)
- mbed NXP1768 96 Mhz Cortex M3 ARM - complete and in box (docs) (blundar)
- Olimex 70 Mhz ARM7TDMI ARM NXP LPC2103 dev board - needs Olimex USB JTAG (link) (hive13)
- Renesas M16C dev board with RTA-FoUSB-MON debugger/programmer (no link)
- Toaster Oven reflow oven for solder paste / surface mount soldering. Have toaster oven. Have controller to prototype and finish.
- CNC Solder paste dispenser/applicator - planning stage.
- Investigate the use of Hive13 Laser for etching PCBs
- Investigate the use of Hive13
- Couple of decent but not too expensive (or even crappy?) multimeters
- DSO (I may bring mine in but I'm using it too much right now - blundar)
- Logic analyzer (I may bring mine in but I'm using it too much right now - blundar)
- Convert some computer power supplies into +5 / +12v power supplies. Mount under bench to avoid clutter.
- add me!!!