February 28, 2023
|Previous Meeting: February 21, 2023||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: March 7, 2023|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial [513-760-6776|+1 513-760-6776] and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
Special Announcement from Leadership
On February 3rd and 10th, member Matt Ziegler spent several hours at Hive13 with two guests - Joshua Duncan, and Sierra Groves - who spent a large portion of their time here burglarizing our space. The thieves scouted out the locations of our cameras and worked to avoid them, but at minimum, multiple laptops and other small electronics were stolen, as can be seen on video.
From what we have determined currently, Matt was unaware of the actions of his guests in the space, but it is very clear that he badly violated multiple published policies and guidelines, including:
- Members will take care to assure the safety and good behavior of guests.
- Only Members may operate tools requiring certification. Some tools are off limits to anyone under 18
- Members must accompany guests at all times. When you leave your guests leave.
The Board of Directors and elected Officers met Monday night (2023/02/27) in a special board meeting to discuss the issues and have take the following actions:
- Joshua Duncan and Sierra Groves have been permanently banned from Hive13. Their photos are being posted temporarily at the entrance. If you see these people in Hive13, report them to the police and email@example.com.
- Matt Ziegler’s membership has been suspended pending our further action with the Cincinnati Police Department.
- Criminal charges are being pursued. Hive13 leadership is working to produce actionable videos and turning them over to CPD.
We will continue to keep the general membership of Hive13 informed with updates on this matter. This is one of the most serious problems we’ve had to deal with in Hive13’s 12+ year history. We are working to figure out what could have been done better. In particular:
- We should have acted faster and in a more coordinated way. In balance, we are an all volunteer organization and it took some time to figure out what had happened.
- The security and camera systems need improvement.
REQUESTS OF THE MEMBERSHIP: A full inventory of what was stolen is difficult. If you are missing items from your personal storage, or notice Hive items missing, please let leadership know ASAP If you have ANY comments or questions about this or anything at all, please contact leadership with them You can contact leadership on Slack in the #leadership_discussion channel, email to firstname.lastname@example.org to send it to all of leadership any time for any reason, or reach out to @mortuarymaven as Chief Membership Officer if you would like to say something you want kept anonymous or confidential.
- The purge is coming! Please do not put anything in the Dungeon, and if you currently have items stored in the Dungeon - PLEASE REMOVE
- This is a shared space, managed by volunteers. Please clean up after yourselves and if you are unsure how to do something, please ask! There have been far, far too many tools damaged lately, and this can be avoided by speaking up.
- If something breaks, please email email@example.com and notify the associated warden on Slack!
- Leadership has recently updated our Commercial Use Policy Please look it over and feel free to reach out to Leadership with any questions.
Upcoming Events and Classes
Dungeon Masters Committee
- Next meeting is this Saturday, March 4, at 2 pm
Frisbee Round & Hive Fives
- See slideshow