February 9, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: February 2, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: February 16, 2016|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm until further notice.
- Liability waiver legibility
- Warden help/suggestions from membership
- If you notice consumables are out, a tool has an issue, etc email email@example.com
- New Year, New Tools!
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Tour of Hivetooley
- Laser update
- WARNING - Ensure that compressed air is flowing before cutting! The failure mode for this condition is FIRE!
- 3D Printers
- Polar3D is back online. The Raspberry Pi had Raspberry Died.
- Ry's GigaPi was purloined for Polar3D. Ry brought another down.
- The Gigabot will still head crash on home after power on. Don't print unless you understand how to prevent this.
- Lorin's Printrbot Simple Metal has appeared at Hive13. It is available for use by certified members.
- The UC/Hive13 Ultimaker is in residence at Hive13. It is available for use by certified members. This is a $2500 machine. If you are not experienced with 3D printing, use the Polar3D or the Printrbot instead.
- CNC update
- The CNC is back online. Rewiring and limit switches are next on the hit list.
- Laser update
- Community outreach - Two libraries have reached out to us, Lorin is talking to them.
- Bi-weekly make-a-thon - This Saturday (13th) from noon to 7pm
- Second Saturday Cleanup- This Saturday from noon to 5pm
- Orange bucket under table is not for trash
- Cincy IoT meetup Feb 11th
- Don't put giant things in the pink trash bin, if it is getting full empty it out! Don't keep adding to it!
- Brad wants to put the shapeoko next to the electronics area for use!