Difference between revisions of "January 5, 2021"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Project Discussion)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 35: Line 35:
  
 
*Tuesday in-person open house meetings are cancelled for the time being.
 
*Tuesday in-person open house meetings are cancelled for the time being.
 +
*Craft and Sewing Warden Hours will be held online. Thursday the 7th at 6:30 and Saturday the 16th at 11.
  
 
===Budget Discussion===
 
===Budget Discussion===
 +
 +
*A/C
 +
*Move/build out
 +
*Wardens
 +
*Operations
  
 
===Recent Improvements===
 
===Recent Improvements===
 +
 +
*Actual wiring for CNC and air compressor drain
 +
*New screwdriver set
  
 
===Project Discussion===
 
===Project Discussion===
  
* Need to get more network cable drops wired and punched down to implement cameras.
+
*Need to get more network cable drops wired and punched down to implement cameras.
* Addition of masking tape, scissors, a 1' metal measuring stick/straight edge, utility knife at each "supply location" (current just pencils and pens).  Anything else.  Don't go overboard.
+
*RFID on 3rd floor entry.
 +
*Camera in hall outside of 3rd floor door
 +
*Doorbell camera on street
 +
*Addition of masking tape, scissors, a 1' metal measuring stick/straight edge, utility knife at each "supply location" (current just pencils and pens).  Anything else.  Don't go overboard.
 +
*6L Ultrasonic Cleaner on order
 +
*Rock/jewelry tumbler on order
 +
*Electric cord reel - not ordered yet
  
 
===FYI===
 
===FYI===
Line 51: Line 66:
 
*What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
 
*What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
 
*Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
 
*Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
 +
 +
==Minutes==
 +
===Attendance===
 +
*Kayla Lukawiecki, Lisa Crump, John Clark, Dave Schwinn, Dave Velzy, Ian Blais, Scott Hively, Brad Walsh, Chris Hodapp, Chris Davis, Drew Kirkman, Ralph Blumberg, Nancy Graven
 +
 +
===Budget Matters===
 +
====AC====
 +
*We had initially been talking about getting going on AC ~February
 +
*Lowest quote we had received was ~$8400-$9000 range.
 +
*Velzy (reluctantly) on this - put together a communication to members asking if anyone has a family member, a friend, someone they know who is in this business and would like to put in a bid. Now is the time to do so because we want to get going on this
 +
*Potential complications to take into consideration: Elevator shaft
 +
 +
====Separation of Warden / Operation Budget====
 +
*Things like welding gas, oxygen tank refills etc will easily deplete warden budget
 +
*Put up a general vote for membership; roughly
 +
**Want to put up a vote to create a separate budget from the warden budget for non warden expenses. The amount will be approx $x, but will be revaluated quarterly (for example) by leadership and adjusted accordingly.
 +
**Will discuss $ amounts more in the upcoming board meeting
 +
 +
===Building Security===
 +
*Please put 2701 carts back when you are done with them. Don't leave them parked in our space as they're for all tenants to use
 +
*As long as you are using our RFID door and going straight up to our space via stairwell, you are in no risk of activating building alarm. There are motion detectors if you were to go to the carts or trash compactor for example. Avoid doing so during alarmed hours
 +
*Velzy will work on simple signage on reminder of armed hours, etc
 +
*Action being made by Chris D + Chris H on RFID-ing the main door. Can easily put sensor on big red sliding door around same time
 +
*Action also being made on getting cameras up. We will have them up this week
 +
*Approved by Wesselman to have a doorbell cam
 +
**Ideally when people ring, we can see who it is from upstairs. Should be easy enough

Latest revision as of 22:56, 5 January 2021

Meetings
Previous Meeting: December 29, 2020 Meeting Procedure Next Meeting: January 12, 2021

Time and Place

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Telecom

To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5

Weekly Meeting Agenda

COVID-19

  • The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space.
    • Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building, even if you have been vaccinated or are otherwise immune to COVID
    • Sign in at the front inner entrance
    • Maintain social distancing
    • Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
    • Sanitize surfaces you come into contact with. Utilize the PPE station
    • Stay away from Hive13 for the prescribed periods of time if you have COVID-19, have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19 or have been in a high risk situation or otherwise feel ill
    • https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/Responsible-Protocols.pdf
  • Consider coming in at slow times, if you can
  • Please keep in mind - we're responsible for the cleanliness of the space. Please sanitize areas you've been in before leaving and focus on high touch points (light switches, door knobs, etc)

Welcome Guests!

  • About us
  • Introductions
  • What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
  • How did you hear about us?

Upcoming events

  • Tuesday in-person open house meetings are cancelled for the time being.
  • Craft and Sewing Warden Hours will be held online. Thursday the 7th at 6:30 and Saturday the 16th at 11.

Budget Discussion

  • A/C
  • Move/build out
  • Wardens
  • Operations

Recent Improvements

  • Actual wiring for CNC and air compressor drain
  • New screwdriver set

Project Discussion

  • Need to get more network cable drops wired and punched down to implement cameras.
  • RFID on 3rd floor entry.
  • Camera in hall outside of 3rd floor door
  • Doorbell camera on street
  • Addition of masking tape, scissors, a 1' metal measuring stick/straight edge, utility knife at each "supply location" (current just pencils and pens). Anything else. Don't go overboard.
  • 6L Ultrasonic Cleaner on order
  • Rock/jewelry tumbler on order
  • Electric cord reel - not ordered yet

FYI

Frisbee Round

  • What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
  • Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?

Minutes

Attendance

  • Kayla Lukawiecki, Lisa Crump, John Clark, Dave Schwinn, Dave Velzy, Ian Blais, Scott Hively, Brad Walsh, Chris Hodapp, Chris Davis, Drew Kirkman, Ralph Blumberg, Nancy Graven

Budget Matters

AC

  • We had initially been talking about getting going on AC ~February
  • Lowest quote we had received was ~$8400-$9000 range.
  • Velzy (reluctantly) on this - put together a communication to members asking if anyone has a family member, a friend, someone they know who is in this business and would like to put in a bid. Now is the time to do so because we want to get going on this
  • Potential complications to take into consideration: Elevator shaft

Separation of Warden / Operation Budget

  • Things like welding gas, oxygen tank refills etc will easily deplete warden budget
  • Put up a general vote for membership; roughly
    • Want to put up a vote to create a separate budget from the warden budget for non warden expenses. The amount will be approx $x, but will be revaluated quarterly (for example) by leadership and adjusted accordingly.
    • Will discuss $ amounts more in the upcoming board meeting

Building Security

  • Please put 2701 carts back when you are done with them. Don't leave them parked in our space as they're for all tenants to use
  • As long as you are using our RFID door and going straight up to our space via stairwell, you are in no risk of activating building alarm. There are motion detectors if you were to go to the carts or trash compactor for example. Avoid doing so during alarmed hours
  • Velzy will work on simple signage on reminder of armed hours, etc
  • Action being made by Chris D + Chris H on RFID-ing the main door. Can easily put sensor on big red sliding door around same time
  • Action also being made on getting cameras up. We will have them up this week
  • Approved by Wesselman to have a doorbell cam
    • Ideally when people ring, we can see who it is from upstairs. Should be easy enough