Difference between revisions of "July 17, 2018"

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(New Business)
m (Minutes)
 
Line 53: Line 53:
 
=Minutes=
 
=Minutes=
 
==Announcements==
 
==Announcements==
 +
* As per usual.
 +
 
==Old Business==
 
==Old Business==
 +
* Laser Updates
 +
** Parts have arrived.
 +
** Dave has taken inventory. We ordered 2x 128 mm lenses, and received 1x 101mm lens and 1x 128mm lens.
 +
 +
* Annex reorg.
 +
** There is a Win7 tower that may work for laser control.
 +
** New WAP is in, and remains to be hung.
 +
** We may relocate the Hive13 cloud.
 +
 +
*Lounge reorg.
 +
** Greg requests assistance clearing the lounge prior to sanding.
 +
** We're targeting Saturday for hanging ceiling tiles.
 +
 
==New Business==
 
==New Business==
 +
* Proposed bylaw changes.
 +
** No discussion.
 +
 +
* Maker Faire September 14th and 16th.
 +
** Roughly 5 people willing to volunteer.
 +
** To the list! Brad will create a thread.
 +
 +
* Letter from the Cincinnati Museum center arrived during the meeting. They are holding a grand reopening Gala.
 +
 
==Votes==
 
==Votes==
 +
* Kevin has proposed purchasing a bandsaw fence and fence accessories for $150.
 +
 
==Round of Tuit==
 
==Round of Tuit==
 +
* Brad - Re-purposed a wifi router as a mesh networking device.
 +
* Dave L - Has been working on drywall and 3D printing.
 +
* Jim D - Has been spending time in Greenville, visiting their makerspace.
 +
* Brent - Worked on a raspberry pi zero.
 +
* Ryan - Cleaned the metal room on Saturday. Buried by work.
 +
* Dave L - Played about with the laser cutter. Helped a neighbor pull a basketball hoop out of the ground.
 +
* Kerensa - Working on side projects and portfolio.
 +
* Nancy - Helped with the Saturday cleanup. Went to a car show.
 +
* Ian B - Worked on network cabling. Set up the votes for this upcoming week.
 +
* Jeremy - Found his brass rod smaller than expected, but serendipitously appropriate for another project.
 +
* Matt - Entrapped by video gaming.
 +
* Kevin - Cleaned up the wood shop on Saturday. Designed a bench-top brake.
 +
* Greg - Worked on Saturday cleanup. Further reorganization work on the lounge.
 +
* Will - Went to Romania. Deeply enjoyed the exchange rate.

Latest revision as of 20:12, 17 July 2018

Meetings
Previous Meeting: July 10, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next Meeting: July 24, 2018

Coordinates

Time: 7:30 PM Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.

Agenda

Housekeeping

  • Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
  • Shelf C is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf D.
  • Liability waivers must be legible.
  • Label your personal supplies & tools.
  • Try to get your stuff in your Member Storage spots in a box of some sort. Request new storage spots on https://intweb.at.hive13.org
  • At the end of the meeting, please put your chair back on the cart.
  • Reminder, we are a community. Keep the space clean. If you need to have a mess, claim it on the mailing list. Use the mailing list if you are going to do a long job or will need some equipment for a specific time.

Old Business

  • Delta Dorks - On hold pending laser refurb.
  • Space Reborganization
    • Annex
      • 3D Printers
      • Laser refurb
    • Lounge
      • There is now a flowchart of everything left to be done.
      • Sanding soon. Need dropcloths.

New Business

  • Proposed Bylaw Changes

This Week in Wiki

Upcoming events

  • Yet More Lounge Renovation July 21st.
  • Annual Meeting July 24th.
    • Nominations and proposals close at 8 PM.
    • Ian will be sending out vote links afterwards.
    • Voting closes next Tuesday, July 24th, at 9 PM.
    • Potluck - post on the mailing list what food you're bringing.
  • Maker Faire September 15 and 16. Do we want to participate? If so, with what?
    • Repair activity
    • We need people to participate

🛥️ Botes

  • None.

Minutes

Announcements

  • As per usual.

Old Business

  • Laser Updates
    • Parts have arrived.
    • Dave has taken inventory. We ordered 2x 128 mm lenses, and received 1x 101mm lens and 1x 128mm lens.
  • Annex reorg.
    • There is a Win7 tower that may work for laser control.
    • New WAP is in, and remains to be hung.
    • We may relocate the Hive13 cloud.
  • Lounge reorg.
    • Greg requests assistance clearing the lounge prior to sanding.
    • We're targeting Saturday for hanging ceiling tiles.

New Business

  • Proposed bylaw changes.
    • No discussion.
  • Maker Faire September 14th and 16th.
    • Roughly 5 people willing to volunteer.
    • To the list! Brad will create a thread.
  • Letter from the Cincinnati Museum center arrived during the meeting. They are holding a grand reopening Gala.

Votes

  • Kevin has proposed purchasing a bandsaw fence and fence accessories for $150.

Round of Tuit

  • Brad - Re-purposed a wifi router as a mesh networking device.
  • Dave L - Has been working on drywall and 3D printing.
  • Jim D - Has been spending time in Greenville, visiting their makerspace.
  • Brent - Worked on a raspberry pi zero.
  • Ryan - Cleaned the metal room on Saturday. Buried by work.
  • Dave L - Played about with the laser cutter. Helped a neighbor pull a basketball hoop out of the ground.
  • Kerensa - Working on side projects and portfolio.
  • Nancy - Helped with the Saturday cleanup. Went to a car show.
  • Ian B - Worked on network cabling. Set up the votes for this upcoming week.
  • Jeremy - Found his brass rod smaller than expected, but serendipitously appropriate for another project.
  • Matt - Entrapped by video gaming.
  • Kevin - Cleaned up the wood shop on Saturday. Designed a bench-top brake.
  • Greg - Worked on Saturday cleanup. Further reorganization work on the lounge.
  • Will - Went to Romania. Deeply enjoyed the exchange rate.