July 20, 2010
|Previous Meeting: July 13, 2010||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 27, 2010|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
Status Updates / Old Business
- anniversary/birthday party
- tweaking of the remote access by-law, AKA "the craig initiative"
- Meeting 1 - People bring up what they want to vote on and we discuss it at Meeting 1. At the end of the meeting we put up a poll online.
- Interim between Meeting 1 & 2 - People can discuss the proposition online and vote in the online poll. This period will not be less than 7 days.
- Meeting 2 - Online poll is locked so no further votes are possible. Those present at the meeting can continue the discussion, people who have not already voted in the online poll may cast their votes now. If # Online votes + # Offline votes >= Quorum, Votes will be considered valid and the result will be implemented.
- Time Warner broadband
- Reverse Engineering Classes
- Makers Faire next weekend (July 31-August 1st) - Paul
Items to be Voted on
An amendment regarding online voting
In the section defining a Quroum, change:
For the purposes of calculating the quorum, properly submitted proxy statements by members shall count as attendance.
For the purposes of calculating the quorum, properly submitted proxy statements by members shall count as attendance as well as votes submitted via authenticated online polls as described in the section: Remote Voting.
and the new Remote Voting section is:
"A poll can be brought up online to handle collection of votes as long as the online voting system authenticates users as Hive members. Once the poll has been circulated via the mailing list there will be a period of no less than 7 days to vote on the topic. After the deadline the online poll is locked so no further votes are possible and the results are included with other voting methods described within the Bylaws to reach a quorum."
Assigning Next Actions