July 21, 2009
|Previous Meeting: July 14, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 28, 2009|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Liability Forms (everyone sign them)
- Party Planning
- About the space
- Door Locks
- Soundproofing (should be done)
- Getting out own internet access
- utility sink
- Phone List
- Co-lo box
- WordPress as our www. page
- Donation Spreadsheet
- Five minutes of Fame
- Than ( + Karen )
- Erik ( + sarah )
- we have a new face: Jim - built his own CNC!
- Chris covered what 2600 is all about
wants for the space
- we have a few things we really want
- fridge, utility sink, shelving
- If you find any of the above for cheap, the Hive is not opposed to paying for it if we need to.
- If you need transportation // help moving the item, contact other hive members.
entering the space
- dave's phone number is on the door
- Chris has some ideas in mind with google voice
- craig installed a keypad lock on one door
- waiting for landlords to make decision about external door
soundproofing is done. win!
internet for the space
- craig is gonna get that done when he gets back from spain
- int0x80: there is a guy in 2600 that runs a dojo and gave some good insurance recommendations
- Basically, his advice was that we should make a list of the most highest risks we expect to have first, and then we can present that to the insurance agent.
- What would those risks be? Maybe make a wiki page to look at this.
liability forms and membership applications
- fill them out!
the party this weekend
- goal: get new members
- ice: erik i can get mass ice, garbage
- games: erik suggest "killer"
- int0x80: ATHF drinking game
- than: karaoke
- dave: we can always run to family dollar i guess
- erik is bringing the beer he made
- int0x80: PA system? i'll start a thread
- erik: "cope audio" will rent us stuff
- everyone check out the wiki page and tell what you're bringing
- blast it out to members so everyone knows
- starbuck: able projects is making us some (tultex tshirt brand)
- They will be "charcoal" with yellow ink.
- $6ish a shirt. maybe we sell them for $10?
- 10L, 10XL, 3XXXL
- will be done in time for defcon
- vendy is getting it this weekend
- once we have it we'll do up the website real nice
- dave is building a donations spreadsheet to track how much donations are coming in
- board members have to write you a receipt
five minutes of fame
- people like the idea
- what night?
- do it after tuesday regular meetings?
- ok we will do it next week: mailing list / wiki it.
- we will order one
- dave will pledgie it, order one on monday
- we have some leaks
- someone needs to bring it up to landlords
- everyone keep scanning craigslist, freecycle for fridge, utility sink, shelving; if you find some get it! if you need help getting it, call someone!
- ChrisA will do experiments with Google Voice to see if he can set up a hunt list, or similar
- once landlords make decision, we will have keypad access; craig is on top of this situation
- craig will order internet for us when he gets back from spain
- int0x80 has a contact for us to look into for insurance
- erik will finish up coordinating the party
- everyone wil lhave fun on saturday at the party
- starbuck will get the shirts hopefully this week
- vendy will get the colo box this weekend
- dave will build a donation spreadsheet
- five minutes of fame will happen next week
- dave will set up a pledgie and buy a makerbot
- someone (jason?) will talk with lanlord about leaks