July 29, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: July 22, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 5, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Elections today!
- Kenton County Library planters tomorrow. volunteers?
- DIYBio meet up next week
- game day saturday
- Ian B
- Jim--power tool drag racing
- Will--new member!
- Jim--president elect, titanian easter egg, maker faire.
- Shadoxx--volunteered to be come secretary. there will be themee music.
- Chris Hodapp--fermeted
- Paul (m)
- Dave (m)--deteroit
- Elly--almost finished coffee table.
- John--DIYBio interest!
- Franklin--power tool drag racing
- Joseph--arc fitting algorithm
- marvin (virtual)
there will be a week of online voting.
- Kenton County Library
- Detroit Maker Faire
- Power tool drag racing
- Did not have enough power tool racing for a
- Harbor freight house bots gave their all
- People had fun.
- "Maker of Merit" and "awesome" badges-- we got some ribbons...
- Lots of cool stuff--flaming ski-ball, etc.
- Cincinnati maker faire is next drag race.
- Jon--perhaps we should do a build night, with tools ready to go.
- Jon--large format printer. deal finally worked out. $1250.
- they will pick it up!
- Twist--will try to keep relationship going.
- Twist--request for comments on welding aluminum (not a ton of interest)
- equipment would be about $300.
- TIG welding aluminum may be easier, and we may be getting one of these...
- Will--could we get a whole house fan?
- some discussion followed about what we would need, what size, etc.
- Jim--for TIG, we don't want TOO much air flow.
- Dave--why not just ask a weldkign shop.
- Dave--if someone is getting a TIG welder here, lets' just g
- Elizabeth has donated an argon bottole
- Jim can run credit cards
- would rather not take cash any longer.
- Jim--saw power series racing at maker faire
- this would be good for the hive to do in the future.
- $500 budget max--various rules
- good experience with motor, bateries, etc.
- promotional piece.
- put $700 of hive money to make this an official hive project.
- Nancy--are there rule changes
- Jim--some safety rule changes. Like this year, need physical brakes.
- we are automatically invited to new york maker faire.
- there will be one at the atlanta mini maker faire in october.
- expect a vote next week.
- Dustin--talked about--for changing the bylaws--could change them 6 months after the officer election.
- Bylaw meeting can be called at any time if there is quorum.
- Jon--sorta bylawy...
- several people have suggested AREA MANAGERS for the Hive
- responsibility for keeping it clean
- keeping the machines working
- 5 areas.
- teaching people
- word working
- fab lab
- dirty room/welding
- Get half
- Do not want to get into implentatation ideas tonight.
- In a week or two, get a group together and flesh it out.
- Dave--don't want to fall into the idea that they do the cleaninf for everyone else.
- Calling people out if they make a mess.
- Nancy--if someone leaves it out...
- at this point we have people to
- lounge, kitchen and common area.
- John--but out entire anchor building on kickstarter?
- If we are going to buy a building, not this one probably...
- Does like kickstarter idea.
- Garden Street has bought all these buildings on teh strip on purpose.
- Could talk to 3CDC.
- FabLab--looks better!
- Jim D--laser cutter donation
- Can someone with a pickup trick help Jim move it from Delhi in about 2 weeks?