March 14, 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: March 7, 2017||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: March 21, 2017|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waivers must be legible
- Space next door:
- Leak status:
- Asking garden street now that we have access
- Giving them a card for access for emergencies and maintenance
- Voting system needs upgrading - Ian is working on it
- Server Rack Overhaul
- Bought hard drives, waiting for shipping
- Getting an early start on ideas for Maker Faire. Will B going to take the lead on this conversation.
- Vote tonight - vacuum form machine
- Dustin's laser class
- How'd it go?
- Help us with a general budget for the rest of our fiscal year (until July)
- With the open finance website, it's easier to track our expenses now
- Each year, active members sometimes informally come up with some "big ticket" items from the wishlist, and make a "budget" for the coming year for larger purchases (like the lathe, or the big laser, etc.)
- This budget is used to keep an idea of the possible goals for purchased items for the year
- What would we like to get this year? What items would expand or improve our areas? Which items are we "ready for" that would be most utilized in the near future? (There are things on the wish list that really are far future "wishes", and not practical now.).
- Some items are on the table for discussion right now (welder, vacuum former, etc.). These might fit into this.
- Gather and sift through some old "important procedural votes" and make a page on the wiki to collect them.
- Most of these things do NOT belong in the bylaws, but it would be a great idea to collect them somewhere in a consolidated form.
- Elly volunteers to help with this.
- Upcoming events:
- Vote next week: March 28 - DIY vacuum form machine (should tonight's vote fail)
- Vacuum former, Tonight. See below and mailing list for details:
- Vote 1 is for $2500. This would include the better model of the EZFORM ® LV 1827, shipping and a dedicated shopvac setup and any additional costs that may arise.
- Vote 2 is for $2000 This would include the Smaller model of the EZFORM ® SV 1217, shipping and a dedicated shopvac setup and any additional costs that may arise.
- Vote 3: is for $1000 which includes a small 12x12 vacuum table, A heating source such as a used electric stove or patio heater DIY system & any additional costs. Both of the heat sources here are bottom heated and I am not a fan of this idea.
- Vote next week: March 21, DIY Vacuum former