|Hive13 MQTT Broker|
|Project Owner: * Chris Davis|
|Project Location: https://cloudmqtt.com/ (currently)|
|Where to contribute: Ask|
|Start Date: 02/01/2021|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Project Details
- 3 Work Log
A standard MQTT based service for data messaging for devices and systems around the Hive13 ecosystem.
- Add yourself here if you have contributed to this project.
Goal of the Project
What has been done
- MQTT topics for badge reader & door sensor at street door
- Topics for object detection on some security cameras at space
- Document MQTT credentials somehow
- Use SSL for MQTT connection!
- Look at setting up a local MQTT bridge which forwards to an
Internet one. Perhaps require no username/password for the local one, only the Internet one.
- Look into 'persistent' flag for MQTT topics which indicate more
of a state than an event.
- Get person detection code & setup into a git repo!
- Document person detection JSON format
|hive13/street_door/door_sensor||Door Sensor||Door sensor for 2701 street entrance|
|hive13/street_door/badge||Badge||Badge scanner at 2701 street entrance|
|hive13/camera/detections||Object Detection||Summary of object detection on several security cameras|
- Door Sensor message type: A string containing "open" or "closed", sent only upon a change in the door sensor's value.
- Badge message type: A string containing the RFID badge number in the same format as should be present in the database. (See RFID Access.)
- Object Detection' message type: Work-in-progress. It's JSON for now.
Always a WIP, should be able to query the broker to find out?
This is a living log of work that has been completed on the machine.
February 01, 2021 - Nominal initial setup of broker
Picked date for pretty alliteration
February 09, 2021 - First Topics, Door Controller Connected
Door controller now sending events for door sensor open / closed and badge reading
February 11, 2021 - Starting to Document
February 21, 2021 - Changed topics, added object detection
Code was committed to door controller (previously it was running in-memory to check for stability).
Object detection is running experimentally (off of an NVidia Jetson running YOLOv3). JSON format is still being documented and possibly changed. If this works well, I (Hodapp) will move it to the space and set it to run this at startup.