Hive Network Infrastructure Installation
We're in the middle of putting in the permanent Hive13 network infrastructure. We will have jacks located in several areas outside the Office/Lab rooms, including along the Internet Bar, the Workbench, the Dirty Room, and eventually along the outside wall of the Office and the general workspace.
- The rack has been set up with one 96 port patch panel and two 24-port switches.
- Wire runs have been installed to the key areas. The Internet Bar and the Workbench are ready to be terminated.
Work to be Done
- Dress cables w/in rack ahead of termination and punching down.
- Dress cables along shelf of Internet Bar ahead of termination and punching down.
- 16 along the Internet Bar.
- 4 on the support column next to the Workbench.
- 10 along the outside wall of the Office.
- 2 inside the Dirty Room.
- 1 on the "Webcam Mount".
Hive Network Configuration
We're updating the Hive13 network configuration.
- The Westell modem has been connected directly to the Smoothwall firewall's external (red) interface via the patch panel. Port 69. Red cable.
- The Smoothwall has an internal (green) interface. This connects the firewall to the LAN. Yellow cable in port #2.
- The Linksys AP has been placed up on the wiring cabinet and connected, via one of its switch ports, to the LAN. Yellow cable in switch port #1.
- SSH access to server01 has been enabled via <dynamic external ip address> port 2222
Work to be Done
- Configure TFTP on server01
- Install netboot images on server01
- Install DBAN image
- Install alternate *ubuntu images.