Property "ProjectImage" (as page type) with input value "4335907679" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
|Start Date: 6/29/2009|
Hive Network Infrastructure Installation
We're in the middle of putting in the permanent Hive13 network infrastructure. We will have jacks located in several areas outside the Office/Lab rooms, including along the Internet Bar, the Workbench, the Dirty Room, and eventually along the outside wall of the Office and the general workspace.
- The rack has been set up with one 96 port patch panel and two 24-port switches.
- Wire runs have been installed to the key areas.
- The Internet Bar is finished.
- Some of the Workbench jacks are finished, some are ready to be terminated.
- 24 Port switch on workbench.
Work to be Done
- Dress cables w/in rack ahead of termination and punching down.
- Terminate remaining jacks in Office and at Workbench.
- 16 along the Internet Bar.
- 4 on the support column next to the Workbench.
- 10 along the outside wall of the Office.
- 2 inside the Dirty Room.
- 1 on the "Webcam Mount".
Hive Network Configuration
We're updating the Hive13 network configuration.
Paul Reviewed this list as of 12/12/2010 If you make changes to the network, make sure these still function after the changes:
- DynDNS at hive13.dyndns.ws
- IP Cop Firewall // Router (192.168.1.1)
- Linksys AP (switch only)
- HP LaserJet 5SI NX (192.168.1.250)
- 1.8 TB Fileserver setup (Hivestore)
- XBMC Hooked up to projector, network, and fileserver.
Paul Reviewed this list as of 12/12/2010 - Is any of the below still relevant?
- The Westell modem has been connected directly to the Smoothwall firewall's external (red) interface via the patch panel. Port 69. Red cable.
- server01 (192.168.1.2) <-- Is this thing still alive?
- The Smoothwall has an internal (green) interface. This connects the firewall to the LAN. Yellow cable in port #2.
- The Linksys AP has been placed up on the wiring cabinet and connected, via one of its switch ports, to the LAN. Yellow cable in switch port #1.
- SSH access to server01 has been enabled via hive13.gotdns.org port 2222
- Server01 is running TFTP server for PXE boot
Work to be Done
- Install / configure netboot images on server01:
- DBAN image
- alternate *ubuntu images.
- UBCD image
- Parted Magic LiveCD image
- Clonezilla image
Hacklab is a dangerous, experimental portion of the Hive13 network. It is separate from the main network.