Property "ProjectImage" (as page type) with input value "4335907679" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
|Start Date: 6/29/2009|
Hive Network Infrastructure Installation
We're in the middle of putting in the permanent Hive13 network infrastructure. We will have jacks located in several areas outside the Office/Lab rooms, including along the Internet Bar, the Workbench, the Dirty Room, and eventually along the outside wall of the Office and the general workspace.
- The rack has been relocated to the area next to the pop machine.
- The network has been consolidated down to a 24 port patch panel and one 24 port switch.
- The new network cabinet is on wheels and also contains Hivestor and the Firewall.
- Hacklab is not operational at this time.
Port Assignments - Patch Panel
- 1 - Webcam wall jack
- 2-5 Lounge 4 port wall jack
- 6-10 currently open, will likely be for FabLab or Workbench expansion
- 11 - drop to the CnC machine area
- 12, 13 - Bathroom
- 14-17 Pole by the workbenches
- 18-23 The bar - (one port of each jack save the last one is active at this time)
- 24 Public Wifi, this must remain with the current configuration
Hive Network Configuration
- We're updating the Hive13 network configuration.
= Current Status
If you make changes to the network, make sure these still function after the changes:
- DynDNS at hive13.dyndns.ws -- Currently DOWN
- Remote access/SSH - Currently DOWN
- IP Cop Firewall // Router (192.168.1.1) -- Currently up
- Linksys AP (switch only) -- Currently up
- HP LaserJet 5SI NX (192.168.1.250) -- Currently Up
- 1.8 TB Fileserver setup (Hivestore) -- Currently Up
- XBMC Hooked up to projector, network, and fileserver -- Currently Up.
Work to be Done
- Complete the punchdown of the following:
- Patch panel ports 2-5 (The 4 port jack in the lounge)
- Patch panel 13 - Run #2 from the bathroom (cable is too short)
- Restore Hacklab
- Possibly dedicate a couple of runs in the Fab Lab
- Network map (when all others completed)
- Restore SSH access to Hivestor
Hacklab is a dangerous, experimental portion of the Hive13 network. It is separate from the main network.