November 16, 2021
|Previous Meeting: November 9, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 23, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: 2701 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45225 (with Hybrid online option)
If you come in person, call our doorbell number []
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial [513-760-6776|+1 513-760-6776] and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Building Updates
- PLEASE respect the building alarm
- We have 24 hour access to our space and the front stairwell ONLY, all other areas will trigger the alarm.
- The alarm is active from 10pm to 6am
- Do not go into any other part of the building during these times (ie; dumping the trash), as it will set off the alarm.
- Wear a mask (Required for entry to Hive13)
- Get vaccinated if you can
- While you are at it, get a Flu shot!
- NO spraying VOCs indoors until we have implemented a legitimate ventilation system for the paint booth please. Please take it out to the parking lot for the time being. This should be short term, the ventilation is a high priority.
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Tour After Meeting
- November 17 2021 - Outreach Committee Meeting
- 7:30 pm
- November 19 2021 - Needlecraft Night
- November 20 2021 - Kitchen Committee Meeting
- 2 pm
- November 21 2021 - Cosplay Craft Meet
- 1 pm
- November 30th 2021 - Narcan Training
- After Tuesday meeting
- December 2 2021 - Retro Game Night
- Game Cube!
- 7:30 pm
- Don't forget to submit T shirt designs
Upcoming Certifications & Classes
- Squaring Stock Basics (Jointer, Planar, Table Saw, and miter saw)
- November 20, 2021
- Currently in need of teacher
- Basics of soldering, desoldering, and proto-board circuit building
- November 20, 2021 (moved from the 27 due to Thanksgiving)
- Taught by John C
- "Machining Stuff" Vote ends today
- Paint Booth vote has been postponed as we hash out planning
- Update on current status
Updates from Committees
- Girls Who Code is a go! Have a kid who wants to learn to code in 6th to 12th grade? This is perfect for them! Please contact Konstantinos (@casketcase on Slack) for more information. Starting January 9th, 2022.
- Send photos to the Outreach Committee! With your consent to be used on social media
- Kitchen Committee first meeting Nov 20th at 2:00 pm
- Miter saw dust hood! Thanks Chuck!
- Photography chill room's fancy chandelier is now lit! Thanks Vince!
- Donated kiln is making that hot, hot heat
- There is now a #digital-art channel!
Other Notes / General Discussion
- Interest in contributing to endowment fund with Hive13 as beneficiary?
- Helps ensure the organization survives long term
- Contribution examples include : end of life estate planning, regular/annual gifts, employer donations, fund raiser proceeds, etc
- Contact Dave S for more information / if interested!
- Grants / Low income membership?
- Conversation has come up about learning grant writing as well as brainstorming ways to provide low income memberships
- Member Pamela Taylor is a Grants Manager for People Working Cooperatively and has offered to help us out pro bono
- Hive13 Secret Santa? Making toys for kids?
- What have you made?
- See TV bulletin board
start time: end time: